Senior Director, B2B Insights - 64799BRPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, RI-Woonsocket Apply
Your impact will be great: by developing new and deeper insights into plan sponsors, providers, and distribution partners (brokers and consultants), you and your team will elevate our game, develop health benefits and member care experiences that better meet the needs of patients and plan sponsors, and hold CVS Health to a high standard of performance.
This position is responsible for all insights related to our PBM (pharmacy benefits management), Aetna’s Commercial business (employer-sponsored health plans), and Office of the Consumer (a team dedicated to improving the Aetna member experience).
Quality leadership skills are critical as you lead and inspire a team of approximately 13 experienced insights professionals, including agency-trained planners and market research professionals. You will work within the Enterprise Insights team, functioning as part of a community of insights professionals who not only help each other, but are also passionate about the future of retail, healthcare, and the voice of the customer. You will have regular contact with SVPs, VPs and line executives in the business; sales, and marketing, and exposure to direct collaboration with C-level leaders. The insights and recommendations your team generates will impact the insurance and healthcare experience of tens of millions US consumers as well as plan sponsors and distribution partners. This group oversees and executes research projects with a seven figure annual budget. Team members are primarily located in Hartford, CT, New York, NY and Scottsdale, AZ.
- Be an indispensable strategic partner to senior leaders in our PBM and Aetna’s commercial business, by applying deep knowledge of the business, category, and human behavior to synthesize impactful insights that inspire innovative solutions to drive business results
- Relentlessly work to ensure we are uncovering, sharing, and highlighting the right insights to influence key business decisions including sales, service, and product development strategies and plans
- Nurture and grow a team of recognized strategic partners for the business and marketers
- Serve on leadership team of the Enterprise Insights group, helping to evolve quality of the work we do across the Enterprise and collaborating with other Insights leaders to manage the team effectively
- 15+ years experience preferred, but 10 years at the minimum
- Management consulting experience strongly preferred
- Must have 5+ years of experience working in the health plans industry, ideally in Commercial healthcare insurance and / or PBM
- Some PBM experience, and a strong understanding of the PBM economic and business model, is required
- Must be highly experience and fluent in market research (e.g., qual and quant methodologies, research data analysis)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven track record as a trusted strategic advisor to senior-level leaders who make significant business decisions
- Experience with product development and / or improving customers / member experience
- Strong storytelling skills and ability to construct persuasive, clear arguments based on objective insights and logic
- Experience synthesizing truly impactful insights based on deep understanding of the operational and economic realities of the business
- Ability to share a compelling vision and champion individual projects, leveraging excellent oral and written presentation skills and effective stakeholder management, including senior executives
- Track record as a mentor / coach, able to develop and inspire mid-level and junior staff
- Experience managing teams, with a track record of nurturing team members and a low attrition rate. Must have experience managing 8+ people at once; ideally more, over a number of years
- Strong project management skills, including successful budget management, procurement, and seamlessly bridging internal team members and vendor partners.
- Proven success articulating a vision for change and making it a reality, ideally within a large organization
- Strong storytelling skills - the ability to review a presentation and spot inconsistencies in data, story, formatting is essential. PowerPoint and document management skills are a plus; careful, thorough work is table stakes
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.