Project Manager (Aetna General Management Leadership Programs & Talent Initiatives)Primary Location: Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, RI-Woonsocket Apply
Accountable for and manages the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of project(s) in support of the Aetna business General Manager (GM) development programs: GM Summer Associate Program, GM Development Program, and GM Leadership Experience. The projects vary in scope/complexity and require alignment of resources and support within the HR function and the business.
The role reports to directly to Nitza Rivera, VP Human Resources, and will work collaboratively with peers to ensure that key strategic goals are met.
- Provides input on business plan to achieve business goals
- Proactively leads assigned project by creating project timeline and identifying key milestones and additional resources needed to successfully complete the work.
- Assists with the management of internal relationships, processes and performance drivers (in some cases relationships may be external).
- Negotiates to obtain additional resources (may be cross functional/segment) and responsible for the budget and/or financial implications of the project.
- Identifies issues that may stall project and works with manager to address them.
- Tracks progress and communicates project status on a regular basis to all impacted parties. Build communication plan for implementation to ensure all impacted parties (upstream/downstream) are informed of next steps for completion.
- Group facilitation/presentation influencing various internal (these may be cross-functional/segment)
- Coach or mentor others by providing work direction.
- Solicit and evaluate internal and external customer feedback to identify gaps and recommend enhancements related to new and/or existing products, services and workflows based on broad view of the organization. Develops recommendations based on complex data and root cause analysis.
- Proven track record successfully managing projects.
- Ability to communicate and influence diverse stakeholders, including external talent, colleagues, and business leaders.
- 3-5 years related work experience.
Ability to work collaboratively within work teams.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organization skills.
Required Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, Leadership - Anticipating and Innovating Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.