At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you’ll build leading-edge analytics, data and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. We’ll count on you to help solve problems and deliver meaningful insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine learning and predictive modeling techniques. And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful data scientist? Here are the traits we are looking for:
Paid Time Off & Disability
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company Analytics, the team uses machine learning techniques and data visualization to derive insights from the data to guide our efforts to understand and care for our members more effectively and at a lower cost. Each team member is responsible for a new weekly insight. We have a great mix of new graduates and senior data scientists. I’m constantly blown away at the talent, creativity and drive on our team!Karen S., Senior Director - Enterprise Analytics
Working at Aetna, a CVS Health Company, gives you the opportunity to use the data to make a change. A change that could save lives, could prevent fraud, a change that really matters and a chance to work with like-minded people to make a difference. A great team, helpful colleagues, intelligent co-workers make the journey to learn and innovate that much more fun.Tanvi K., Data Scientist - Clinical Analytics
Manager, Data SciencePrimary Location: Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, RI-Woonsocket Apply
In this highly visible role, you will be a HR data authority for the enterprise. You will consult and problem solve with business leaders, provide thought leadership, and lead initiatives to transform business requirements into actionable, data-driven solutions.
You are an integral part of the Human Resources Team, providing Business and HR leaders across the Enterprise with dashboards and data that build strategic advantage, mitigate risk, and help drive return on investment. Using your knowledge of the business, data, and technology, you will help translate complex business questions and challenges into achievable projects.
NOTE: This position does not offer Visa Sponsorship at this time.
67826Fundamental Components: Responsibilities include:
- Strategically leading the team by prioritizing work based on feasibility, scalability, and impact.
- Managing projects to gather business requirements and design solutions (e.g., Tableau dashboards) that meet objectives - this includes data wrangling, dashboard development, implementation, communications, and ongoing enhancement.
- Autonomously leading the client relationship with senior business leaders.
- Collaborating with business partners to understand their priorities and goals.
- Presenting recommendations and deliverables to internal clients, and communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Partnering and coordinating with the HR reporting team and HR advanced analytics team to achieve objectives.
- Overseeing data needs for special projects (e.g., annual employee engagement survey).
- 5+ years of experience in business overall
- 3+ years of experience working with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau or Power BI) to build dashboards, implement complex business rules, and manage user groups.
- 3+ years of experience working with data from business systems (e.g., ATS, HRIS, LMS), extracting data from a data warehouse, and communicating big data concepts.
- 3+ years of experience translating business requirements into deliverables.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team.
- 2+ years of experience working with tools and languages such as Alteryx, SQL, Tableau Prep, Python, or SAS.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, with competency in vlookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, natural science, engineering, statistics, or another quantitative discipline.
- This position will be located in Woonsocket, RI or Hartford, CT.
- Prior experience in working for a large, complex matrixed environment.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company is taking on health care fraud
Learn how Aetna, a CVS Health Company is using machine learning to detect fraud, waste and abuse in the health care system.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company Leadership
Meet the Aetna, a CVS Health Company executives who are helping to transform health care locally, nationally, and around the globe
Take a Look
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Sr/Principal SW Engineer in Test( Android) ~68484BR Burlington, Massachusetts
- Associate Software Development Engineer New York, New York
- Business Consultant - Automation Phoenix, Arizona
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.