Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Architect Advisor - 65835BRPrimary Location: Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, RI-Woonsocket Apply
CVS Health continues to be a leader in building a stronger, more effective health care system. The Systems Planning team within the Office of the CTO plays a significant role in this transformation by creating conceptual architectures to meet the desired business capabilities. Enterprise architects will work with business, information and technology architects to recommend technology investments needed to enable leading edge capabilities and develop comprehensive roadmaps that outline how those capabilities get realized in response to our diversification efforts.
65835Fundamental Components: - Manages technology strategy and direction of business systems delivery.
- Provides expert technical consultation to senior IT management strategic planning groups.
- Fosters and engages in teamwork at the highest management and technical levels across business lines.
- Anticipates and proactively responds to future customer, industry and information technology trends.
- Constructing roadmaps to detail out the steps necessary to transition to the future state architecture.
- Develops and implement technology strategies that influence business area with senior management review.
- Effectively communicating the strategic architecture throughout all levels of the organization.
- Produces quality output for highly visible IT products, services and future business development.
- Analyzing and documenting current state and future state of IT systems.
- Working in collaboration with business stakeholders, program management, and development to maximize short and long term value of IT investments.
- Demonstrating understanding of industry and technology trends and assisting senior management in developing strategic vision.
Background Experience: - 15+ years experience in enterprise, application, and information architecture design with significant experience managing the application delivery process.
- Must demonstrate technical leadership, be able to turn vision into action, drive outcomes, and promote common goals and actions.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of enterprise integration across hybrid processing environments.
- Position requires expert knowledge across multiple platforms, processes, and architectures.
- Minimum of 7 years of people and project management experience required.
- Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the following disciplines: enterprise architecture best practices, business architecture, information architecture, application architecture, and integration architecture.
- Experience with the development of enterprise architectures in large corporate environments and strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Experience managing matrixed staff with ability to leverage non-directs to complete tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate complex and often contentious issues, and reach consensus and work through people to achieve key goals.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including formal presentations for all levels of management combined with strong collaboration/influencing.
- Experience with architecture modeling tools
Additional Job Information: - Recognized as an expert / thought leader within the company.
- Anticipates and solves highly complex problems with broad impact on a business area.Progression to this level is typically restricted.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of modern technologies and technological trends and how they relate to fulfilling business needs. The person in this role must have the ability to provide appropriate (technology and architecture) strategy/direction setting for business. The ideal candidate understands business and how business operates and understands how to leverage technology to help the company realize its goals.
- Individuals applying for this position should be self-starters and natural leaders.
- Healthcare, Insurance/Financial Services, or e-Commerce industry knowledge desired.
Required Skills: Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Technology - Developing Competitive Technology and Architecture, Technology - Selecting and Applying Technology Solutions Desired Skills: General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy, Technology - Leveraging Technology Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.