Analytic Consultant - Risk Adjustment and Encounter DataPrimary Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Additional Locations: CA-Santa Ana, CA-Woodland Hills Apply
- Consults with internal clients to identify opportunities to implement data science solutions to business problems at a basic level.
- Proficient at transforming data into actionable insight through data visualization.
- Demonstrates familiarity with most areas of mathematical analysis methods, statistical analyses, and predictive and descriptive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
- Demonstrates familiarity with strategy consulting concepts.
- Presents recommendations to manager of team.
- Collaborates with one or more business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics.
- Consults on the creation of analytics solutions that effectively weigh business and technical tradeoffs using a basic understanding of business strategy as well as relevant big data environment topics.
- Acts as an analytics product owner translating business needs into analytics projects and actions.
- Leads development of analytics solutions with low complexity and risk.
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Experience analyzing medial claim data to finding trends and opportunities
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
- Experience in SAS, SQL, Tableau or other programming languages required
- 2 years of business experience leading analyses and initiatives with track record of business impact.
- 1 year experience programming using R, Hadoop, or Python preferred
- 2 years experience strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies
- Minimum 3 years total business experience
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Healthcare sector and/or California HMO delivery system experience preferred
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Master's degree in quantitative field or MBA strongly preferred
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.