Strategic Planning Manager, JV Channel Strategy & Optimization - 63540BRPrimary Location: Wellesley, MA
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, MA-Wellesley, NY-New York Apply
The Strategic Planning Manager, JV Channel Strategy & Optimization will
- Enhance the future state JV value story and narrative to multi-site plan sponsors
- Assess how to improve the plan sponsor and broker experience for JV prospects and customers (e.g., address barriers to selling)
- Further integrate JVs into the Aetna enterprise distribution strategy, working in partnership with JV Sales and JV Marketing
63540Fundamental Components: The Strategic Planning Manager, JV Channel Strategy & Optimization will perform the following:
- Conduct external research (e.g., broker and plan sponsor focus groups) to identify market-specific wants and needs
- Keep up to date on trends and drivers of adoption of value based care models by employers
- Drive development of cross-JV and segment-specific value propositions that are differentiated, marketable, measureable, and hard to replicate, in partnership with JV Marketing and Sales
- Partner with JV leaders to determine priority action steps to deliver on and strengthen the value proposition(s)
- Conduct market research to understand broker pain points/barriers to selling JV solutions
- Prioritize addressable pain points considering ROI and feasibility
- Understand how the Enterprise Distribution Strategy (e.g., relationship with brokers and consultants) integrates with the JVs, working closely with JV Sales, and building key relationships
- Review Plan Sponsor reporting tool (i.e., ART) to determine whether there are JV-specific elements that should be included
- Works in close partnership with the JV Sales and JV Marketing teams to improve the value story and drive positive change throughout our JV channels
- Secure buy-in across senior stakeholders for new initiatives throughout the concept development process
- Passion for transforming healthcare by breaking new ground and launching innovative solutions as an integrated health plan and hospital system focused in a local market
- Minimum five years of healthcare industry experience, including experience with value-based care models. Healthcare strategy consulting and/or entrepreneurial experience preferred
- Solid understanding of B2B2C channel structure, broker motivations, and plan sponsor needs (including how they vary by customer type)
- Proven ability to identify strategic options, understand stakeholder implications, build alignment, and influence change that resulted in quantifiable business outcomes
- Strong quantitative skills with ability to structure, analyze, and interpret data to identify trends and draw logical conclusions; propensity toward supporting hypothesis with strong quantitative and qualitative evidence; financial modeling experience is a plus
- Demonstrates effective business acumen and strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to influence various constituents and drive initiatives that deliver a positive impact
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to lead complex initiatives through a highly matrixed environment, requiring the participation and support of multiple business areas
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to create a process where one doesn’t exist and deliver results
- Proven experience developing analyses, recommendations and roll-out approaches to successfully implement strategy/change initiatives
- Proficiency across Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience with mid-sized cross-functional initiatives, with a moderate to high degree of complexity.6+ years leadership experience and technical/functional expertise in several of the following areas: management consulting, financial analysis, project management, public policy, mergers and acquisitions, operations management and/or marketing.Demonstrated relationship management skills at peer levels within an organization and external constituents.Demonstrated experience developing analysis, presentations and support material to successfully implement strategy or change initiatives. Masters degree preferred.College degree.Appropriate licensure or certification by discipline preferred.
Location: Role can be based in New York, NY; Hartford, CT; or Wellesley, MA.
Working on the Joint Ventures at Aetna is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare, working in partnership with leading providers. We are inspired to make a difference, and to empower people to live healthier lives.
#LI-DI1 Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 25 - 50% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.