Data Analyst SeniorPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, MA-Wellesley, NY-New York Apply
- Consults with internal clients to identify opportunities to implement data and technology solutions to business problems.
- Demonstrates familiarity with areas of mathematical analysis methods, statistical analyses, and predictive and descriptive modeling.
- Collaborates with one or more business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data pipelines and reports.
- Consults on the creation of analytics solutions that effectively weigh business and technical tradeoffs using a basic understanding of business strategy as well as relevant big data environment topics.
- Acts as a product specialist working with product management translating business needs into features with acceptance criteria for Agile delivery teams.
- Conducts interviews, fact-finding, and independent research to design creative, progressive IT solutions for the most complex customer issues.
- Conducts or leads business impact analysis of system defects, control/audit deficiencies, outages and enhancements.
- Contributes to the collaborative system and data design sessions with the user community, technical architecture resources, and development resources
- Participates in the design and mapping of data conversion strategies Develops Product Overviews, FAQs, Tool Glossaries, system training material, and system user documentation to support implementation activities
- May assist in the training of less experienced staff and may assume supervisory responsibility in the absence of the supervisor.
- 7+ years as a Systems Analyst working with developers and end users performing analysis, UAT, writing technical documentation, etc.
- 5+ years writing SQL queries and understanding logic of existing queries
- 3+ years working on big data platforms using Hadoop technology (HDFS, Hive, Ooze, Sqoop)
- 3+ years with Linux via CLI and Shell Scripting
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.