At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you’ll build leading-edge analytics, data and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. We’ll count on you to help solve problems and deliver meaningful insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine learning and predictive modeling techniques. And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful data scientist? Here are the traits we are looking for:
Paid Time Off & Disability
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company Analytics, the team uses machine learning techniques and data visualization to derive insights from the data to guide our efforts to understand and care for our members more effectively and at a lower cost. Each team member is responsible for a new weekly insight. We have a great mix of new graduates and senior data scientists. I’m constantly blown away at the talent, creativity and drive on our team!Karen S., Senior Director - Enterprise Analytics
Working at Aetna, a CVS Health Company, gives you the opportunity to use the data to make a change. A change that could save lives, could prevent fraud, a change that really matters and a chance to work with like-minded people to make a difference. A great team, helpful colleagues, intelligent co-workers make the journey to learn and innovate that much more fun.Tanvi K., Data Scientist - Clinical Analytics
Senior Marketing Data Scientist - 71063BRPrimary Location: Wellesley, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Wellesley Apply
About the team: The Commercial Marketing Growth data science team helps supercharge CVS-Aetna’s Commercial marketing programs by pairing the best in class data science solutions with business strategy to achieve profitable member growth. The team has three main focus areas – 1. identify Commercial membership growth opportunities, 2. evaluate marketing investment to optimize spend, and 3.) develop data driven solutions to better marketing performance.
About the position: The Sr. Data Scientist will lead and work on projects that support one or more of the team’s three objectives. The role will lead and participate in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models, reporting tools, and strategic growth projects, and solve complex analytical problems. Also, this role will work with marketing/external stakeholders directly to translate business needs into analytical solutions and provide actional insights / recommendations / solutions to both tech and non-tech audiences. In addition, this role will also mentor other team members.
- Develops and/or uses algorithms and statistical predictive models, including advanced models.
- Brings business insights to inform predictive models: is skilled at reading academic data science oriented literature and collaborating with subject matter experts to inform predictive models.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and complex business problems. Utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and specialized expertise in the Aetna and/or healthcare.
- Applies analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques.
- Manages large and complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing
- Behaves as mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice
- Collaborates with business partners to develop technical /business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions
- 5 or more years of progressively complex related experience
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Deep knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages (Python/R/SAS/HIVE/Spark/H2O etc.) to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources
- Strong skills to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment; Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Marketing analytics oriented background or professional experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of health care industry, products, and systems is a plus
- Master’s degree or PHD preferred
Aetna, a CVS Health Company is taking on health care fraud
Learn how Aetna, a CVS Health Company is using machine learning to detect fraud, waste and abuse in the health care system.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company Leadership
Meet the Aetna, a CVS Health Company executives who are helping to transform health care locally, nationally, and around the globe
Take a Look
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.