At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you’ll build leading-edge analytics, data and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. We’ll count on you to help solve problems and deliver meaningful insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine learning and predictive modeling techniques. And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful data scientist? Here are the traits we are looking for:
Paid Time Off & Disability
At Aetna Analytics, the team uses machine learning techniques and data visualization to derive insights from the data to guide our efforts to understand and care for our members more effectively and at a lower cost. Each team member is responsible for a new weekly insight. We have a great mix of new graduates and senior data scientists. I’m constantly blown away at the talent, creativity and drive on our team!Karen S., Senior Director - Enterprise Analytics
Working at Aetna, gives you the opportunity to use the data to make a change. A change that could save lives, could prevent fraud, a change that really matters and a chance to work with like-minded people to make a difference. A great team, helpful colleagues, intelligent co-workers make the journey to learn and innovate that much more fun.Tanvi K., Data Scientist - Clinical Analytics
Principal Data ScientistPrimary Location: Wellesley, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Wellesley Apply
- Lead the development, validation and deliveryof algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools. Act as the analytic team lead for highly complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
- Lead development and execution of new and/or highly complex algorithms and statistical predictive models.
- Determine analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Establish analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
- Manage highly complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across organization/enterprise.
- Provide thought leadership and direction for analytic solutions, tools and studies. Anticipate and solve strategic and high risk business problems with broad impact on the business area by applying leading-edge theories and techniques to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Provide guidance to develop enterprise-wide analytics strategy and roadmap.
- Interact with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information/solutions and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/ business solutions.
60418Fundamental Components: Background Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related.
- Minimum 5 years of data analytics and modeling experience. Must have experience managing projects and reviewing/mentoring work of team members; evaluating client requirements; developing specifications and recommending improvements; presenting results; and creating technical training programs for staff.
- Must have experience building and implementing statistical models and performing exploratory data analysis.
- Must also have experience with linear regression; time-series analysis; clustering; network optimization; scenario analysis; SQL queries; and R programming.
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: N/A EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Aetna is taking on health care fraud
Learn how Aetna is using machine learning to detect fraud, waste and abuse in the health care system.
2018 Most Admired
Aetna named one of Fortune's most admired companies
Mark Bertolini Discusses the Future of Health Care at Fortune Brainstorm Health
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.