Principal Analytics Consultant - Engagement OptimizationPrimary Location: Wellesley, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Wellesley Apply
The Clinical analytics group uses an industry leading, scalable data platform and tools to glean insights from Aetna's large array of data sources, including medical claims, prescriptions, demographics, and surveys. From these insights and understanding of the business needs, you would provide strategic leadership, manage and be responsible for the design and evaluation of innovative engagement strategies across various care management programs.
- Leads development and execution of new and/or highly complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes
- Establishes analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses
- Manage highly complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation & testing
- Applies in-depth knowledge of systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across organization/enterprise
- Motivates team members and probes into technical details, and mentors others to do the same.
- Provides thought leadership and direction for analytic solutions, tools and studies
- Anticipates and solves strategic and high risk business problems with broad impact on the business area by applying leading-edge theories and techniques to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions
- Provides guidance to develop enterprise-wide analytics strategy and roadmap
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information/solutions related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/ business solutions.
- 10 or more years of progressively complex related experience
- Demonstrates advanced in-depth specialization mathematical analysis methods, study design, randomization, stratification, statistical analyses, and matching techniques
- Comprehensive knowledge on health care industry, products, systems, business strategies and products
- Expertise in innovating and implementing novel machine learning techniques
- Expertise in advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources
- SQL and database querying a must
- Expert level experience with SAS, SQL, Python, R, or HIVE
- Superior skills to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and external health care environment
- Superior ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form
- Strong organizational, management and leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Masters degree desired, PHD a plus.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
57669Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.