At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you’ll build leading-edge analytics, data and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. We’ll count on you to help solve problems and deliver meaningful insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine learning and predictive modeling techniques. And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful data scientist? Here are the traits we are looking for:
Paid Time Off & Disability
At Aetna Analytics, the team uses machine learning techniques and data visualization to derive insights from the data to guide our efforts to understand and care for our members more effectively and at a lower cost. Each team member is responsible for a new weekly insight. We have a great mix of new graduates and senior data scientists. I’m constantly blown away at the talent, creativity and drive on our team!Karen S., Senior Director - Enterprise Analytics
Working at Aetna, gives you the opportunity to use the data to make a change. A change that could save lives, could prevent fraud, a change that really matters and a chance to work with like-minded people to make a difference. A great team, helpful colleagues, intelligent co-workers make the journey to learn and innovate that much more fun.Tanvi K., Data Scientist - Clinical Analytics
PayFlex Data Scientist - 67545BRPrimary Location: Wellesley, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, MA-Wellesley Apply
At PayFlex we know that the culture of our organization is the key to our success. If you align to our purpose, then you may be the right person to join our inspiring, dynamic, and fun team. We can’t wait to meet you!
PayFlex is looking for curious and innovative data scientists to join our team. Our data scientists will tackle a range of complex business problems every day. They will play a significant role in improving our understanding of our member and customer journeys, as well as, our internal operations.
As a data scientist at PayFlex, you will be part of a team building best in class statistical models to deliver new business insights; developing, testing and validating unsupervised modeling techniques; and, creating and deploying long term tools to continually evolve business capabilities to compete with current and future market trends.
- Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Explores, examines and interprets large volumes of data in various forms.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve moderately complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
- Provides insights to the business to enable data-driven decision making.
- Uses data visualization techniques to effectively communicate analytical results and support business decisions.
- Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data.
- Explores existing data and recommends additional sources of data for improvements.
- Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processing, detailed set of results and analytical metrics.
- Develops and participates in presentations to internal stakeholders on analytic results and solutions
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to present information to various audiences.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of data modeling, machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis, data engineering and data visualization.
- Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Experience with Hadoop, R, SAS, SQL, Python, Tableau
- 3 years of relevant programming or analytic experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline. (Graduate degree preferred)
Great benefits package Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Aetna is taking on health care fraud
Learn how Aetna is using machine learning to detect fraud, waste and abuse in the health care system.
2018 Most Admired
Aetna named one of Fortune's most admired companies
Mark Bertolini Discusses the Future of Health Care at Fortune Brainstorm Health
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.