At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you’ll build leading-edge analytics, data and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. We’ll count on you to help solve problems and deliver meaningful insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine learning and predictive modeling techniques. And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful data scientist? Here are the traits we are looking for:
Paid Time Off & Disability
At Aetna Analytics, the team uses machine learning techniques and data visualization to derive insights from the data to guide our efforts to understand and care for our members more effectively and at a lower cost. Each team member is responsible for a new weekly insight. We have a great mix of new graduates and senior data scientists. I’m constantly blown away at the talent, creativity and drive on our team!Karen S., Senior Director - Enterprise Analytics
Working at Aetna, gives you the opportunity to use the data to make a change. A change that could save lives, could prevent fraud, a change that really matters and a chance to work with like-minded people to make a difference. A great team, helpful colleagues, intelligent co-workers make the journey to learn and innovate that much more fun.Tanvi K., Data Scientist - Clinical Analytics
Lead Data Scientist- 63246BRPrimary Location: Wellesley, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Wellesley Apply
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster finding useful insights and innovative ways to guide consumers in their journey to wellness and helping them achieve their health ambitions whether it’s playing tackle football with their grandkids or running the Inca Trail Marathon? Aetna's Provider Advanced Analytics team is focused on delivering strategically-impactful products to our members across all life stages to feel the joy of achieving their best health, in their own way.
Position Summary:Manages and is responsible for the successful delivery of the algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools to meet business needs. Acts as the analytic team lead for large and complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
Locations: NY-New York, MA-Wellesley
- Develops and/or uses algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and broad knowledge of the organization and/or industry.
- Collaborates with business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics.
- Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to exiting and prospective constituents on analytics results and solutions.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Use strong knowledge in algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Use strong programming skills to explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms.
- 7-10 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
Aetna is taking on health care fraud
Learn how Aetna is using machine learning to detect fraud, waste and abuse in the health care system.
2018 Most Admired
Aetna named one of Fortune's most admired companies
Mark Bertolini Discusses the Future of Health Care at Fortune Brainstorm Health
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Network Manager/Contract Negotiator Portland, Maine, Burlington, Massachusetts, North Dartmouth, Massachusetts, Waltham, Massachusetts, Bedford, New Hampshire, Concord, New Hampshire, Stratham, New Hampshire
- General Mental Health/Substance Use Services Coordinator Phoenix, Arizona
- Sr. Sales Executive Falls Church, Virginia, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Linthicum, Maryland
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.