Director of Brand Strategy, Architecture and Naming - 59339BRPrimary Location: Wellesley, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Wellesley, NY-New York, RI-Woonsocket Apply
The Director will lead a team that develops the brand strategies, brand standards and maintains brand integrity across the CVS Health organization. With over 40 brands in our family of brands including the enterprise brand - CVS Health - and cornerstone brands - CVS Pharmacy, CVS Caremark, Minute Clinic and Aetna - they will play a key role in working across all CVS Health companies and shared services departments to provide consultative advice on all aspects of brand strategy, architecture and naming to support growth and ensure alignment with CVS Health business strategy.
59339Fundamental Components: 1. Strategic leadership of the enterprise brand strategy, directly responsible for setting the brand vision and inspiring brand compliance for CVS health and across CVS Health Companies.
- Lead the creation and implementation of all brand positioning projects
- Provide strategic leadership for brand architecture and migration to support CVSH business strategy; plan and guide migration implementation across the Enterprise
- Establish and lead the Enterprise brand naming strategy; work in partnership with the Director, Brand Identity, Governance and Activation to ensure its consistent application across the Enterprise
- Lead a team of brand professionals who provide brand counsel to key internal and external stakeholders, including creative agencies, marketing leaders, c-suite level executives and other senior leaders
2. Brand compliance and training management
- Continually engage the enterprise, its executives and its leaders around the brand vision and overall brand strategy so that they can function as effective brand stewards; driving brand governance via agency
- Serve as the Enterprise-wide subject matter expert and ambassador for aspects of CVS Healths brand strategy and positioning; promote brand awareness and measurement, oversee tools and training for agency partners and colleagues
Develop structures and processes to ensure consistency in branding across the organization; oversee development and execution of an enterprise-wide brand governance structure including guidelines, training and other management structures
3. Partner across the Enterprise to support and educate on strategy and usage of the family of brands
- Create a culture of transparency and promote a positive environment across the enterprise
- Work across multi-functional areas to support brand in a highly matrixed environment, including but not limited to Legal, business partners, creative agencies, marketing colleagues, HR, corporate communications, etc.
4. CVS Health brand marketing: Define, design, advocate for and develop CVS Health corporate marketing campaigns
5. Integration support: Oversee investments in brand naming and migration related to the Aetna integration.
6. Lead the internal team and extended set of agency partners to deliver high quality work, on-time and within budget. Set business priorities for the team and manage to achieve results; plan and allocate resources and develop plans to meet the needs of their clients in the lines of business
Background Experience: - 10+ years of experience in marketing or a related field with 5-7 years as a SME.
- Proven leadership of teams with successful results.
- 8+ years experience in Brand Creation, Brand Management and Marketing
- Proven experience managing a team of brand professionals
- Proven experience managing agencies to deliver key projects
- Proven experience developing and implementing brand strategy and governance across an organization
- Proven experience leading, managing and influencing a cross functional team
- Master's degree preferred
Functional - Marketing/Strategy development/More Than 10 Years
Functional - Marketing/Management: < 25 employees/4-6 Years
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft PowerPoint/More Than 10 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Outlook/More Than 10 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Word/More Than 10 Years/End User
Telework not available for this position.
Additional Job Information: Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.