At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you’ll build leading-edge analytics, data and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. We’ll count on you to help solve problems and deliver meaningful insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine learning and predictive modeling techniques. And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful data scientist? Here are the traits we are looking for:
Paid Time Off & Disability
At Aetna Analytics, the team uses machine learning techniques and data visualization to derive insights from the data to guide our efforts to understand and care for our members more effectively and at a lower cost. Each team member is responsible for a new weekly insight. We have a great mix of new graduates and senior data scientists. I’m constantly blown away at the talent, creativity and drive on our team!Karen S., Senior Director - Enterprise Analytics
Working at Aetna, gives you the opportunity to use the data to make a change. A change that could save lives, could prevent fraud, a change that really matters and a chance to work with like-minded people to make a difference. A great team, helpful colleagues, intelligent co-workers make the journey to learn and innovate that much more fun.Tanvi K., Data Scientist - Clinical Analytics
Data Science AnalystPrimary Location: Wellesley, Massachusetts
Additional Locations: MA-Wellesley Apply
About the position. This role will join the newly formed Clinical Products team and support, end to end, one or more of the team’s three objectives. The role will build predictive models, work with clinical experts (e.g. doctors) to translate their subject matter expertise into machine learning models, extract and manipulate data from multiple large data sources, and present her / his work to technical and non-technical stakeholders. The role will also use the results of AB testing to improve the performance of the team’s statistical modeling and targeting. A Senior Data Scientist may also be involved in putting her code into production.
- Develops and/or uses algorithms and statistical predictive models.
- Brings clinical insights to inform predictive models: is comfortable reading academic clinically oriented literature and collaborating with clinical subject matter experts to inform predictive models.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and broad knowledge of the organization and/or industry.
- Collaborates with business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics.
- Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on analytics results and solutions.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Use strong knowledge in algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Use strong programming skills to explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms.
- 1 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts.
Aetna is taking on health care fraud
Learn how Aetna is using machine learning to detect fraud, waste and abuse in the health care system.
2018 Most Admired
Aetna named one of Fortune's most admired companies
Mark Bertolini Discusses the Future of Health Care at Fortune Brainstorm Health
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Utilization Management Nurse Consultant Bradenton, Florida, Boynton Beach, Florida, Casselberry, Florida, Fort Myers, Florida, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Orlando, Florida, Pensacola, Florida, Tampa, Florida
- Actuarial Manager Chicago, Illinois, Bethesda, Maryland, New York, New York, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, Austin, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia, Concord, California, Hartford, Connecticut
- Event Coordinator / Administrative Support New York, New York
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.