Sr Dir, Network/Core Medical ProductPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, DC-Washington, GA-Atlanta, MA-Wellesley, NY-New York, VA-McLean Apply
The Head and Sr Director, Network Product & Core Medical Product Management will deliver a combined national network, core medical and plan design strategy & roadmap that includes our core medical product lines (PPO/HMO/EPO/POS) and performance network products (e.g., Aetna Premier Care Network). He/ she will lead overarching portfolio management, including rationalization, as well as new plan design innovation. He/she will also identify ways to build new products around holistic and innovative network arrangements. Finally, he/she will ensure that plan design supports and is aligned to new enterprise capabilities (e.g., CVS, Well-being & Clinical programs).
The Sr Director will build metrics-based goals for the product roadmap, as well as goals for each product line, with a key focus on membership growth, quality and savings.
Under the Sr Director’s leadership, the network product management team partners with local markets to ensure the national strategy translates to the local markets, and vice versa. The team will do this by optimizing network/product strategy & performance, rationalizing network products, aligning to targeted growth geographies and understanding the drivers of product performance, including network competitiveness.
The Sr Director is a key member of the Commercial Product & Solutions Management leadership team. He / she will be an integral partner to our Network organization with a dotted line reporting relationship to the SVP, Network Strategy and Provider Experience. In order to be effective, the Sr Director and his/her team must partner across other product teams to influence and align new product initiatives, as well as work cross-functionally across a highly matrixed environment, including, Sales, Marketing, Services, Actuarial, Finance, Legal (and others).
With an eye toward differentiated growth and innovation, this leader must attract and retain talent with diverse skills and backgrounds.
- Ownership of existing portfolio of network & core medical products
- Responsible for overall portfolio performance and strategic direction, including a relentless focus on customer needs and market opportunity
- Rationalizes portfolio and sunsets products
- Partner with Network and Local Markets to translate business strategy into product requirements
- Serves as a product expert across the enterprise by collaborating across leadership levels
- Leads product ideation and conceptualization efforts, working in close partnership with other business areas by leveraging in-depth knowledge and understanding of market trends, customer needs/expectations, and internal capabilities
- Brings new product concepts through the product development process, from ideation to launch
- Oversees business case development, partnering with key cross-functional partners, including Finance, Actuarial, UW and other teams on pricing and product economics to ensure financial feasibility, maximize growth and improve profitability
- Recruit, hire and build effective teams that demonstrate strong product management skill sets
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership capacity managing strategic product or network functionality
- 10+ years of healthcare, at-risk managed care experience
- 5+ years working in a matrix organization
- Product development and/or management experience preferred
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.