Sr. Communications Partner - Regional Communications EastPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, DC-Washington, MA-Boston, NY-New York, RI-Woonsocket Apply
As a trusted advisor, you will utilize your experience across multiple disciplines to provide guidance and ensure strong regional/local execution of enterprise communication plans. Reporting into the External Affairs Team, this individual will be the communications link between the broader centralized Corporate Communications function and his/her assigned region, working collaboratively with corporate Centers of Excellence, Business Unit communications teams, and others with regional communication roles to build and execute major campaigns.
The Senior Communications Partner is responsible for providing proactive and reactive media relations support in their assigned regions and priority markets. They are accountable for developing regional communications plans that support and align with the overall corporate communications strategy, raise the company’s visibility and profile locally, and help advance specific market priorities.
This role requires outstanding communications skills, including media relations and influencer engagement, as well as the ability to manage complex projects and influence a number of stakeholders with the ultimate objective of driving the company’s reputation in the marketplace.
The Senior Communications Partner has deep relationships with the local media and is responsible for pitching and placing news items such as bylines, product rollouts, case studies etc.
This position can be based in Woonsocket RI, Hartford CT, New York NY, Washington D.C., or remotely.
- Serves as a company spokesperson for respective region/markets, and in local crisis situations, when warranted and working collaboratively with the centralized crisis communications team.
- Develops relationships with media contacts at key media outlets through ongoing dialogue and engagement, which will help generate positive media coverage for the company.
- Pitches media outlets with bylines, op-eds, news releases announcing new products, services and initiatives, research and case studies.
- Works with business leaders and subject matter experts across the company to create written responses for media inquiries.
- Supports and staffs business leaders for media interviews through the development of briefing books, news releases, media pitches, key messages, FAQs and other materials.
- Develops complex communication materials, plans and strategies using best practices, innovative ideas and audience data/insights.
- Collaborates with centralized Corporate Communications Team and regional peers to ensure consistency of message and no redundancy of efforts.
- Remains current with industry news, topics and trends.
- Manages day to day PR agency support in local markets to align workflow and ensure metrics are being met.
- Measures impact of communication plans with ongoing media tracking, reporting and analysis.
- 8+ years of experience in corporate communications, including in-house or agency role, with extensive experience in media relations.
- Experience in health care desirable.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, as needed, per business needs.
We are seeking a top candidate with a strong and varied communications background who can build collaborative and effective relationships with external and internal audiences, drive for results and ensure flawless execution of communication programs. Preferred qualifications include:
- Proven experience in developing and executing regional communication strategies to help the company achieve its enterprise objectives locally.
- Strong relationships with local and national business and industry media.
- High degree of professionalism and executive presence required to collaborate with senior leaders.
- Strategic and analytical thinker, with a contemporary, creative approach to communication strategy and knowledge social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and LinkedIn Elevate.
- Must be entrepreneurial, with a self-starter energy and ability to operate in a complex, fast-paced environment overseeing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, diplomacy, and ability to collaborate with and influence a diverse set of business partners towards a common goal.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.