Public Policy Advisor - MedicarePrimary Location: Washington, DC
Additional Locations: DC-Washington Apply
This position will be located in Washington, DC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for handling selected critical matters
- Independent responsibility for the provision of Government Relations/Regulatory Relations support to designated client areas and/or within major area(s) of expertise
- Oversees internal and external resources required to carry out this responsibility
- Identifies and addresses cross-SBU, customer, shareholder and other external issues impacting or impacted by assigned client activities
- Leads legislative, regulatory, and political activities and represents the Company
- Develops political strategies to advance legislative and rule-making priorities.
- Negotiates legislative, regulatory and public policy positions
- Provides public policy, regulatory and government relations counseling with respect to new and existing business activities.
- Seeks positive and resists adverse changes in the political environment
- Coordinates the effective deployment of government relations resources
- Follows applicable lobbying requirements
3+ years of experience in public policy, government affairs, or a related role within a Fortune 500 organization, professional, trade group, or federal or state government.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree or JD preferred Additional Job Information: Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.Proven ability to satisfy customers needs and develop alternatives to resolve issues. Clinical Licensure: N/A Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.