Joint Venture Underwriting Project ManagerPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, DC-Washington, FL-Jacksonville, GA-Atlanta, IL-Chicago, MA-Boston, MA-Wellesley, NE-Omaha, NJ-Parsippany, NY-Amherst, PA-Blue Bell, PA-Harrisburg, TX-Dallas, TX-Houston, VA-McLean Apply
Joint Ventures are 5 specific markets where Aetna has chosen to partner with large provider organizations to innovate, challenge the status quo, and deliver care differently. As separate and distinct legal entities, the Joint Ventures are looking for single points of contact to help them navigate all their underwriting support teams at Aetna, help influence underwriting guidance/processes as well as overall performance, and provide them greater line of sight into their business/results,. This position will report into VAULT with matrixed accountability across JV partners and the local market underwriting teams that support them. This position will involve exposure to many different areas of Aetna’s commercial business while working on the cutting edge of start-up insurance companies. The candidate must be willing to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment, and will lead the work and deliverables of multiple complex projects through to implementation.
*Work at home eligible role.
68057Fundamental Components: In this position you will become well-versed on JV underwriting strategy, tools, and processes across 5 different markets. This is a support position and as such, will not be assigned a specific case load and will not be responsible for the formula rating of JV opportunities. This is a non-supervisory position and will support all funding arrangements, all segments, as well as both new and existing business.
Your responsibilities will include
- Develop and promote common underwriting policies/procedures, methodologies, and tools as needed for the JV as well as maintaining centralized, accessible storage of such information
- Provide support as needed on pricing and other underwriting functions associated with new joint venture partnerships, vendor/clinical transformation offerings, and deal financial terms
- Collaborate with local UW, Sales and Sales Effectiveness teams to determine existing and new business pipeline that aligns with JV strategies, assess competitiveness as well as competitive threats, and setting strategy for new and renewal objectives
- Build, enhance, maintain and use tools to assess the value that is created through JV partnerships using available underwriting, sales, and financial data against expectations
- Prepare and present meeting materials regarding all the above, for use both within and outside the department as needed. Bridge communications between local UW team and JV leadership as needed to create holistic perspective and insights.
|Prior underwriting leadership role strongly preferred. Ideal candidate will have experience with all funding arrangements as well as new/renewal business.|
Excellent written and oral communication skills in addition to experience presenting financial information to diverse audiences (internal/external, executive/associate, technical/non-technical) strongly preferred
Creative problem solving skills are critical as many of the JV initiatives are new or in development. Ideal candidate will leverage existing technical skills (especially Microsoft Excel and underwriting systems) to explore and develop solutions, informed by solid understanding of competing interests.
Take full ownership of assignments and act as lead where possible, providing superior customer service to both internal and external constituents. Given the many different initiatives the JVs are routinely addressing, project management skills are an asset. The ideal candidate must thrive in a constantly evolving environment with competing priorities and deadlines across a matrixed environment.
Broader knowledge of the health insurance business will also be a helpful as the team routinely engages with non-underwriting areas such as informatics, actuarial, sales, clinical transformation, product, finance, and senior leadership.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.