Claim Benefit SpecialistPrimary Location: Vietnam, VNM
Additional Locations: VNM-Vietnam Apply
The global operations team is responsible for delivering world-class service to our members, internal customers, and providers. We are the face of Aetna and provide 24x7 global support, front line customer services, claims, and product expertise.
We believe that a positive member experience starts with investment in our people. Our aim is to communicate with our customers on their terms, through local teams, in local languages. We want to know our customers, own our relationships with them, predict their needs and meet them proactively. We ensure our members get the healthcare they need, when they need it, with maximum value and minimum effort.
As a member of our claims team, you will achieve the superior claim and member service performance through an integrated process of operational, quality, medical cost, and resource management, responsible for claims handling end-to-end.
Claims Representatives operate within our multi-channel Customer Centers to respond to customer requests and support customers with the assessment and payment of their medical claims.
Claims representatives are naturally caring and empathetic but also keen problem solvers who take ownership of customer needs using their extensive knowledge, training, expertise and passion to navigate customers through their healthcare journey.
Specifically, you will review and adjudicates claims in accordance with claim processing guidelines. Answer queries on the claims handling process and specific claims, whether those questions come from members directly, internal operations teams, account management teams, or brokers.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements include but are not limited to (* denotes essential functions)
- Analyzes and approves claims.
- Completes work with a limited degree of supervision.
- Assesses claims up to given Authority limit
- Seek advice from designated Specialists on complicated cases or claims above authority limit. (Senior Claim Benefits Specialist and Claim Supervisor).
- Proofs claim or referral submission to determine, review, or apply appropriate claims guidelines and processes.
- Identify and investigate claims for possible abuse and fraud.
- Conducts outreach activities including but not limited to email, member calls, provider calls as part of the claims adjudication process.
- In accordance with prescribed operational guidelines, manages claims on desk, route/queues, and all systems within specified turn-around-time parameters.
- Utilizes all applicable system functions available ensuring accurate and timely claim processing service (i.e., use of all documented resources).
- Comprehend with complex workflows and come up with a customer-centric solution within reasons
- Escalate unresolved claims complaints and high costs claim to the claims supervisor for guidance.
- Continually work to improve best practices procedures and standards.
- Ensures compliance with requirements of regional compliance authority/industry regulator.
- Adheres to international privacy policies, practices and procedures.
As a Claims Representative you will;
- Develop knowledge, skills and experience in a variety of Operational disciplines and processes
- Display fantastic oral and written communication skills
- Establish relationships with internal and external customers
- Act proactively, take ownership of problems and be empowered to take actions to resolve our members' concerns.
- Be resilient and adaptable to changes in priorities, distressed customers or high volumes
- Deliver an experience, not just a service
- 2 years’ experience in a healthcare claims environment will be an advantage
- Claim assessment experience essential.
- Requires specialized skills in one area or breadth of knowledge across multiple areas.
Life experiences, traveling the world, living or working overseas, gap years, parenthood, healthy lifestyles, mentoring, volunteering – all these things help you to relate to our customers and are a plus.
Education and Certification Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree or local market equivalent
- Ability to maintain accuracy and production standards.
- Analytical skills.
- Technical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
62866EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.