Testing AnalystPrimary Location: Tampa, FL
Additional Locations: FL-Tampa Apply
63836Fundamental Components: • Provides expertise on one or more applications or technologies to support project teams
• Participates and provides recommendations in the development of the test framework
• Responsible for the level of quality delivered for the application testing within the release
• Promotes repeatability, reusability, efficiencies, and cross training to facilitate the development and maintenance of a matrixed organization
• Provides estimates for testing
• Contributes to defining, developing, and maintaining the test case inventory, requirements traceability matrix, and test plan over the life of the release
• Monitors changes in test case priority based on changing project delivery priorities
• Identifies and requests appropriate data based on testing requirements and types of tests to execute
• Responsible for interaction with key areas to define test cases, establish the requirements traceability matrix for functional and nonfunctional requirements, identifies test data, and assists in the development and execution of test scripts and validation of test results
• Provides cross training of application / technical knowledge to other individuals within the organization
• Defines, develops, and maintains test scripts
• Independently executes test plans and test scripts
• Independently validates results of test execution and actual vs. expected results
• Records and tracks defects uncovered during the execution of tests and actively participate in resolution; proposes and designs retest cases/scripts/data to retest defects; represents the team at project meetings to discuss status, defects for responsible area, assess impacts and provide input into schedule revisions at both project and release level
• Participates in deployment certification tasks
• Assists Business Analysts with requirements as needed
• Assists Product Owners with Feature / Story management as needed Background Experience: • Experience with software development lifecycles, having contributed to: estimation (resource planning), capacity planning, requirement traceability matrix, testing framework and strategy, and post implementation review.
• Experience with software development lifecycles, having owned: test case development, manual/automation test scripts, test results review.
• Experience in quality engineering practices and execution of the various types of test creation and execution.
• Experience with industry standard testing tools (e.g. Rational Tool Suite, Mercury, etc.)
• Experience with collecting Business / Technical Requirements
• Experiance with various SDLC methodologies (waterfall, Agile, etc.) Additional Job Information: • Highly visible NextGen program building out the future state platform for Medicare - we always dream of having the opportunity to build new and get it right from the beginning and NextGen is your chance to do exactly that.
• Excellent working knowledge of Requirements Traceability Matrices and how to utilize the process of tracing test cases to functional and nonfunctional requirements.
• Thorough knowledge of building test strategies and test frameworks.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to assess risk and quality measures based on testing outcomes
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, internally (within team or department) and externally to all business partners and constituents.
• Understanding of data management and knowledge of data required to operationalize test scripts.
• Knowledge of Extract Transfer Load processing (ETL) and technologies and concepts as it relates to data warehousing. Functional Skills: Information Management - Business information analysis, Information Technology - Quality engineering / assurance, Information Technology - Testing, Project Management - Issue identification and analysis Technology Experience: Development Language - Oracle PL/SQL Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.