Customer Service Representative
At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our customer service and claim teams provide a human connection when it’s needed most and are essential to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include processing claims and helping members, doctors, and companies better understand our products and services. You will be an advocate for our member’s best health by helping them get the most from their benefits, building trust and always providing a clear path to care.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: No
Aetna’s minimum starting salary is $16/hr.
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Good listener
- Problem Solver
- Quick thinking
Paid Time Off & Disability
Aetna’s Social Compact
Our commitment to improve wages and medical benefits.
Customer Service Representative Quotes
You really are invested in the member… you have to be their advocate.Damon H., Senior Health Concierge Customer Service Representative
I’m very excited about the common purpose [Advocate for our members’ best health by helping get them most from their benefits, building trust and always providing a clear path to care], in the first day of training all the leaders came in and explained it. As soon as they got done talking I knew this was the company for me.Emily E., Customer Service Representative
Spanish Bi-Lingual Customer Service RepresentativePrimary Location: Tampa, Florida
Additional Locations: FL-Tampa Apply
September 19th from 9:00am to 7:00pm
September 20th from9:00am to 6:00pm
4630 Woodland Corporate Blvd. Tampa, FL
What to expect:
We will be interviewing all attendees for this opportunity in-person at the job fair.
Aetna’s global business, Aetna International is one of the world’s largest and most prominent providers of International Private Medical Insurance, with more than 800,000 members worldwide and a direct settlement network of over 125,000 hospitals and clinics. We are looking for people who are passionate about providing exceptional customer service and would like to be part of our member services team that supports the needs and care of our members around the world. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Shift Hours: This team has 3 shifts and works 24 hours, 7 days per week. Successful candidates will be assigned an 8 hour shift at any time, day or night.
63670Fundamental Components: We are currently recruiting top talent, fluent in both written and spoken English/Spanish to join our Aetna International (AI) Americas team. Aetna International member services operates 24x7 365, including holidays and weekends. We are looking for candidates who customer-focused, courteous, and empathetic. As a service professional you will use your knowledge of plans, products and systems to provide information and resolve member issues. After an extensive training, you will be a keen problem solver who takes ownership of customer needs using your knowledge, expertise and passion to assist members in navigating and accessing healthcare anywhere in the world.
- Candidate must be fluent in Spanish and English. Bilingual written fluency preferred but not required.
- Must have excellent attendance. As a Customer Service Representative you will:
• Proactively assess customer issues, circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
• Take ownership and be an advocate for the customer to support their health as you collaborate with other departments to successfully resolve their inquiry
• Demonstrate proficiency with MS Office Suite and/or other business applications and strong keyboard navigation skills, are also required.
• Be resilient and adaptable to changes in priorities, high call volumes business and customer needs.
• Will be able to multi-task to accomplish your workload and business requirements.
• Deliver an exceptional customer experience for enhanced customer satisfaction and retention. Other activities include providing claim status information, benefit coverage interpretation and plan eligibility. Background Experience: - Customer Service experience in a transaction based environment such as a call center; hospitality, retail or production environment.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer navigation and typing skills. • Ability to manage multiple tasks in a transaction / high volume based environment.
- Must be able to work varying shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to pass the required oral and/or written bilingual testing.
- Background check will be conducted. Additional Job Information:
Candidates are eligible for monthly performance bonuses which are paid quarterly.Required Skills: Service - Demonstrating Service Discipline, Service - Providing Solutions to Constituent Needs Desired Skills: Service - Creating a Differentiated Service Experience, Service - Handling Service Challenges, Service - Working Across Boundaries Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Aetna has been named to Fortune’s 2018 World’s Most Admired Companies list. The company was ranked No. 4 in the “Health Care: Insurance and Managed Care” category.
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.