Senior Project ManagerPrimary Location: Tampa, Florida
Additional Locations: FL-Arcadia, FL-Ft Lauderdale, FL-Jacksonville, GA-Atlanta, NC-Charlotte, PA-Allentown, VA-Chantilly Apply
(This position is open nationwide)
We are building an exciting new clinical and member experience program at Aetna. Aetna Community Care is a member centric, team-delivered, community-based care management model that joins members where they are.
The Project Manager, reporting to the Director of Business Consultation, is part of a core team that delivers project and program services for Aetna Community Care while also leading expansion and implementation at the market level. The Project Manager must be innovative and not afraid to challenge existing ways of working to continuously improve and enhance our care model and care delivery mechanisms.
- Provides thoughtful leadership in support of business direction, supporting the Director of Business Consultation Aetna Community Care with organization and delivery of project work
- Manages growth initiatives, driving and guiding engagement from key influencers using a disciplined and repeatable methodology
- Works closely with Senior Strategic Planner within the Business Consultation team to effectively implement new products, programs, and expansion opportunities
- Designs, develops, and facilitates work sessions to deliver project and program initiatives including required analysis, reporting, and presentation materials with a focus on providing this detail for each assigned project as well as supporting the broader team work
- Takes ownership of Business Consultation team reporting and analysis
- Identifies gaps in expansion projects and challenges self and others to develop and implement solutions
- Demonstrates proficiency managing email in an Outlook account, and using remote communication software such as Skype and WebEx; able to demonstrate proficiency with Word, Excel, and experience documenting within an electronic health record
- Demonstrates proficiency with SharePoint, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Managing the project work for data transmission and system integration
- Risk identification, root cause analysis and mitigation
- Weekly reporting –data collection/packaging/distribution for Leadership consumption
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience with a focus on product or program planning and implementation, preferably in a health plan or health care setting
- Experience supporting multiple projects and multiple leaders
- Experience managing vendor/partner relationships preferred
- Lean/Six-Sigma certification desirable
- Demonstrated negotiation skills desirable
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing change in complex organizations, including development of presentation and support materials to successfully implement strategy initiatives, program scaling, and change management
- Experience working across mid-sized cross-functional initiatives, with a moderate degree of complexity
- Experience utilizing analytical, problem solving, and communications skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to innovate and ideate solutions to operational challenges
- Strong technical skills and proficiency in the utilization of standard MS Office products including MS Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Location states Florida Home based, but can be located within the Central or Eastern Time Zone.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
The minimum level of education required for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a closely-related field, a Master's degree is preferred.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
54501Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25%
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.