Community Health Worker (Bilingual)Primary Location: Sunrise, Florida
Additional Locations: FL-Sunrise Apply
Community Health Care Workers (CHW) serve the community as a bridge between the member (community) and the
healthcare system (providers) through outreach and education. By providing these services, CHWs help Aetna members
attain and maintain better health outcomes, improve relationships with healthcare providers and help both parties to
become more acculturated with each other. This position will work under the direction of a designated professional.
- Conduct home visits with Aetna members with chronic conditions to reinforce following the care plan, adjusting tasks to fit with the members culture, language, and religion, improve access to care, identify health care needs, and reduce unnecessary hospitalizations.
- Educate healthcare professionals and providers on opportunities for improving and understanding the social determinants of health that may be impacting members health and treatment plan through various communication channels.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with the Aetna members, providers, nurse case managers, agency representatives, supervisors and office staff, from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. Work to reduce cultural and socio-economic barriers between clients and institutions.
- Assist with care plan implementation and Aetna member education during in-home visits, help develop care management strategies, and work with team members to provide linkages for the various health and social needs of members.
- Assist members to identify socio-economic issues that affect their overall health and develop health/social management plans and goals.
- Identify gaps and opportunities to strengthen systems of care within the members community and assists members in utilizing community services, including scheduling appointments with social services agencies, (including transportation vendors), and assisting with completion of applications for eligible programs.
- Assist with patient medication adherence by: instructing the member on current medication list, reviewing medications with member and assist in obtaining refills.
- Teach disease self-management (i.e. nutrition, symptom tracking and reporting).
- Accompany members to appointments as needed.
- Enter and maintain member records in electronic health record system, compile reports and complete other program documentation in a timely manner (e.g. progress notes, letters), and other administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Travel extensively to client homes, community locations, various agencies, and other outreach destinations.
- Bilingual/target population required
- 1-2 years experience providing clinical services; experience in community/outpatient setting preferred. Community Health Worker Certification or equivalent training and experience preferred.
- 2-4 years relevant experience.
- Experience in serving the Medicaid Populations in urban or rural environments with familiarity of local formal and informal resource networks preferred.
- Preferred skills: Mental Health First Aid, Trauma Informed Care, HIPPA, C.L.A.S. Standards, Motivational Interviewing, and specialized training in medical terminology and practices for designated health conditions.
- Meet all requirements set forth by local state i.e. first aid, CPR, TB screen, etc.
- Experience using a computer including the use of Excel and Electronic Health Records.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Information Technology/Computer operations/4-6 Years
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.