Strategic Marketing DirectorPrimary Location: St Louis, Missouri
Additional Locations: MO-St Louis Apply
61512Fundamental Components: • Direct accountability as the business’s strategic marketing consultant- Markets
• Direct accountability for delivery of holistic, integrated marketing plan aligned to Market
• Identifies and executes on opportunities to drive new thinking, innovation and cost efficiency into marketing approach through new or enhanced solutions/programs and tactics designed to achieve market growth.
• Leads cross-functional work teams in a highly matrix environment; navigates and drives results through close collaboration with internal marketing and business partners (Local market, Product, Field Marketing, Enterprise Activation, Agency, Digital Programs, Martech, Enterprise Media, Branding) to enable integrated planning and execution of marketing strategy
• Aggregates local market and competitor insights, white-space opportunities, health marketing priorities, and multi-cultural opportunities to influence and define local marketing strategy.
• Proactively anticipates and adjusts for business and/or regulatory issues in marketing planning, based on an in-depth understanding of the local environment.
• Establishes processes to track quantitative and qualitative results of campaigns, events, and other programs; interprets results and adjusts approach to maximize segment/business growth opportunity and ensure value of investments.
• Integrates data and analytics to create frames of reference to evaluate relative attractiveness and risks of marketing opportunities and threats. Leverages insights to inform acquisition and retention strategies.
• Drives the localizing of an integrated product/services Value Story for all audiences.
• Establishes and maintains collaborative partnership between the market business leaders, and Aetna marketing Background Experience: - 10+ years of experience, 3-7+ years of experience as SME
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or related master’s degree desired.
- Strong strategic, critical thinking, and conceptual abilities; ability to lead unit’s strategic planning discussions
- Ability to influence others and interact with all levels of the organization. Negotiating, influencing, and change management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including listening and ability to explain complex ideas and technologies, and writing and presenting formal presentations.
- Ability to work collaboratively through various department and functions. Promotes a culture of proactive teamwork.
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous projects with little assistance and execute programs and projects from start to finish.
- Experience managing both cross functional/matrix teams and teams of direct reports.
- Data- and results-driven marketer; Shapes content & strategy according to experience with direct to consumer (DTC) or business to business to consumer (B2B2C) best practices in both digital and traditional channels
- Experience in program management and vendor management - Ability to coordinate activities, collectively set strategies and monitor progress. Required Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy Desired Skills: General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, Leadership - Anticipating and Innovating, Sales - Knowing Markets Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.