Medicare Broker ManagerPrimary Location: Springfield, MO
Additional Locations: MO-Springfield Apply
- Responsible for meeting established health plan broker sales goal through management of assigned block of agents.
- Prospects for and recruits new agents through collaboration with National and Direct agency relationships or through agent marketing activities targeted direct to the agents.
- Assures appropriate market coverage through management of agent recruiting activities.
- Responsible for identifying and developing local preferred agents to support the attainment of health plan goals.
- Responsible for onboarding new agents by supporting their navigation of contracting, certification, and training requirement.
- Provides leadership for all broker training, recertification, and testing through face-to-face, individual, and group meetings and web-based resources.
- Administers broker testing and recertification.
- Proactively develops agent activation.
- Strategy should utilize the deployment of various tactics such as face-to-face, telephonic, and written communication methods and information management.
- Responsible for ongoing individual agent management.
- Responsibilities include the establishment of production goals and compliance thresholds, along with the communication and ongoing enforcement of these established expectations with each assigned agent.
- Key role is to prioritize broker relationships according to their ability to meet or exceed expectations.
- Makes recommendations to management on agents plan preferred designation and contract level status.
- Responsible for ensuring agent adherence to all CMS and Aetna guidelines.
- Monitors compliance with state, federal, and health plan regulatory requirements.
- Maintains all files associated with broker contracting, including broker agreements.
- Reports all implementations and corrections to health plan management.
- Coordinates response to broker-related complaints.
- Investigates documents and retrains brokers as necessary.
- Recommends termination of broker relationship with company as appropriate.
- Coordinates with the appropriate customer service and health plan resources to support broker activities.
- Verifies and validates broker commission payments.
- Ensures broker commission payments are submitted for payment.
- Resolves issues and inquiries related to commissions from health plan and brokers.
- Sales management experience preferred.
- Sales and/or broker sales experience required.
- Industry experience required and Medicare experience is a plus
- Ability to use standard corporate software packages and corporate applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Appropriate state licensure to sell insurance as required, subject to product sold.
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.