Senior Compliance ConsultantPrimary Location: Southfield, MI
Additional Locations: MI-Southfield Apply
67345Fundamental Components: Independently demonstrates the principles of an effective Compliance program, including, but not limited to, risk assessment, auditing and monitoring, maintaining effective compliance policies and procedures, and effective communication and training.
- Manages all facets of the organizations Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) accreditation process including performing all annual due diligence audits and monitoring of activities ensuring all, documentation and evidence necessary for the accreditation are prepared in compliance with accreditation standards, contractual agreements, and State and Federal requirements.
- Maintains responsibility for ensuring that all State/Joint Commission Standards related to licensure are being met.
- Draft, review, and/or recommend as necessary, updates policies and procedures based on new or revised changes in regulations and standards.
- Responsible for independent action in project oversight, quality improvement and a variety of special projects. Uses Six Sigma, LEAN, and/or other available performance improvement methodologies to achieve these goals.
- Applies industry and compliance knowledge to support and manage moderately complex matters involving established compliance system and operations, including processes for implementation of laws and regulations, supports the Company’s Privacy Office on privacy matters monitoring of compliance issues, and handling of moderately complex complaints.
- Responds to moderately complex requests for information within area of responsibility from internal and external constituents. Independently collects the facts related to an issue, performs analysis and effectively prepares and communicates concise summaries on moderately complex matters.
- Acts as resource for colleagues and effectively guides less experienced team members to accomplish goals.
- 5 years+ experience in a regulatory compliance position in healthcare
- Clinical knowledge or RN preferred
- Knowledge of CMS, HIPAA and URAC regulations and standards
- Motivated, conscientious individual who enjoys challenges, takes the initiative, and able to demonstrate ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, in a timely manner, with minimal supervision
- Must be a well-organized, reliable, enthusiastic individual to review, monitor, and evaluate policy & workflow as part of the accreditation process
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.