Senior Business AnalystPrimary Location: Singapore
Additional Locations: SGP-Singapore Apply
Our IT professionals create best-in-class solutions that integrate technology, information and business processes. They keep applications, systems, networks and processes up and running so employees, members, providers and plan sponsors stay connected with needed tools and information.
Provides a consistent, effective operating structure for IT projects through sound IT investment analysis, AIS project management methodology, effective AIS project resource allocation, and consolidated AIS project performance reporting.
Creates and executes specific deliverables and activities as part of a team assigned to a business-sponsored IT project. Key contributor to overall project success.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements
- Consistently performs analysis and translates business needs to create high-quality Business Requirements and Functional Specifications documentation within specified time frames to solve most complex problems (multiple interfaces with other systems across multiple business units) considering all impacted components from an end-to-end perspective.
- Ensures end-to-end traceability of requirements is complete.
- Expert in one or more business systems.
- Applies specific functional and/or business expertise to perform assigned tasks and develop specific project deliverables.
- Conducts impact analysis of technology changes on business processes and existing technology.
- Competent to work at the highest technical capacity on most phases of the business systems analysis.
- Contributes to the review of Test Planning and Test Execution strategies.
- Creates the appropriate User-Interface Model(s) to support projects.
- Develops business workflow diagrams. Assists in the development of data models and interface design specifications Documents, tracks, and resolves issues related to data quality. Contributes to the design and mapping of data conversion strategies.
- Participates in collaborative system and data design sessions with the user community, technical architecture resources, and development resources.
- Completes project activities on time and within budget, and proactively identifies and communicates issues that may jeopardize milestones or project budget to the Project Manager.
- Adheres to APLC or AGILE project management methodology by utilizing internal procedures and tools and identifying areas for methodology improvement.
- Develops Product Overviews, FAQs, Tool Glossaries, system training material, and system user documentation to support implementation activities.
- Creates appropriate communication materials are documented and distributed appropriately.
- Guides and advises less-experienced Business Analysts. Senior BA assigned as Lead on a project ensures other BA's assigned to the project are completing their deliverables of high quality and on-time.
- Conducts interviews, fact-finding, and independent research to design creative, progressive IT solutions for business problems.
Background Experience Desired
- 5+ years Business Analyst experience.
- Ability to recognize complex problems vs. objectives and apply creativity to analyze situations, develop solutions and procedures.
- Must possess sound knowledge of structured IT application development lifecycles, methodologies inclusive of Use Case tools.
Education and Certification Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in a Business or IT field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
62103EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.