Senior Actuarial Consultant, Singapore - 64581BRPrimary Location: Singapore, SGP
Additional Locations: SGP-Singapore Apply
The overall mission of Actuarial is to protect Aetna's financial integrity with sound reserving and risk management practices as well as product designs that meet customer needs and pricing that produces returns to shareholders commensurate with the risks undertaken. Actuarial is responsible for anticipating and recognizing matters that materially affect financial integrity and making sound, unbiased reports on these issues.
You will play a key part in the pricing and planning function of Aetna International (AI). AI has ambitious expansion plans, with the recent acquisition of a major domestic insurer in Thailand and with further plans for organic growth in the pipeline, we expect the actuarial function to expand in response to this to create further opportunities in the future.
Reporting into the Actuarial Manager for the APAC region, you will be responsible for the South East Asia region and lead technical pricing analysis for the international business written. You will also play a key part supporting business planning, experience monitoring, M&A and reserving.
You will leverage strong technical and analytical skills to develop pricing and product design solutions, remaining cognizant of the commercial environment of the market and the financial goals of the business. The ideal candidates will have up to 4-6 years actuarial experience in non-life and/or healthcare and progressing through the actuarial exams.
- Develop knowledge of product suite, technical pricing approach, and pricing strategy over time
- Maintain a commercial outlook as well as a technical curiosity to identify challenges or opportunities from a pricing perspective.
- Apply analytical skills, research problems to generate a solution, present preliminary conclusions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with underwriters and other business stakeholders to support effective pricing.
- Communicate complex matters clearly to internal and external parties
- Create and maintain accurate documentation and help develop training materials for tools and processes.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements
- Leadership: Management of Resources- Lead/manage projects established to support the goals identified in strategic and operating plans. Influence/motivate resources within and outside of direct control to complete projects. Exhibit innovative use of resources.
- Scope of Decision Making Authority: Broad decision-making authority typically tied to the level of financial impact.
- Staffing/Personnel: Manage staff, including responsibility for hiring and termination decisions. Perform all other supervisory responsibilities for direct reports, including job coaching, performance management, and compensation determinations. Ensure access to appropriate tools, resources, and training.
- Aetna Way: Exhibit behavior that reflects Aetna’s values and is in accordance with the Aetna Way.
- Product & Business Knowledge: Assumptions & Data Sources- Review assumptions developed by staff from a business perspective and be able to defend work to senior management. Integrate an understanding of internal and external data sources for quantifying risks.
- Programs, Policies & Processes: Apply knowledge of interdepartmental products, programs, processes and policies to resolve problems and issues.
- Regulatory Issues: Assure compliance with applicable regulations, laws, and standards.
- Risk Analysis & Management: Risk Assessment- Partner with business managers to provide sound risk management advice.
- Rate Filing: Direct and observe the regulatory process. Respond to internal and external auditors. Validate and/or sign certifications of compliance.
- Reserve Analysis: Review reserve analyses and recommend appropriate reserve levels.
- Planning & Forecasting: Review and interpret models and make recommendations for planning, forecasting and 7 reporting process.
- Pricing, Trend & Benefits Design: Oversee and recommend pricing and trend for product and/or services. Understand and communicate the financial impact on a business plan to business unit management.
- Technical Proficiency: Use of Technology- Develop creative technical solutions to a variety of problems. Stay apprised of technical innovations as potential solutions for actuarial issues and concerns.
- Development & Implementation: Oversee/manage the development and implementation of tools and models.
- Maintenance & Enhancements: Prioritize changes and enhancements to processes, tools and systems. Define staffing support and resource allocation.
- Business Specifications: Signoff on detailed business requirements for systems development.
- Testing: Review testing results for changes to processes, tools and systems.
- Communication, Collaboration & Consultation: Constituent Focus- Leads interdepartmental teams to shape process and policy.
- Verbal & Written Communication: Address most complex inquiries. Have direct interaction with internal and external constituents. Maintain accurate documentation and manage training and user support for tools and processes.
- Interaction with Constituents: Initiate and support collaboration with internal and external constituents.
- The ideal candidates will have up 4-6 years of actuarial experience in non-life and/or healthcare.
- SQL, VBA and Python coding skills desired
- University degree
- Progression through actuarial exams
64581EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.