Regional Compliance Manager (South East Asia), Singapore - 61157BRPrimary Location: Singapore, SGP
Additional Locations: SGP-Singapore Apply
Overview: Southeast Asia (SEA) Compliance Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining the Aetna risk-based compliance and ethics program for Aetna International operations in South East Asia. The role also includes assisting with Anti-Money Laundering (AML), sanctions and Office of the Financial Assets Control (OFAC) compliance in SEA. Broad responsibilities include:
- Expected to be a close partnership with business leaders.
- Must drive and execute the compliance risk management and monitoring program and business accountability for compliance.
- To undertake regulated compliance key person roles and regulatory liaison roles, where applicable.
Major elements of the International compliance and ethics program include:
- Working with the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) to drive and execute the Aetna compliance risk management and monitoring program.
- Working closely with the business and other international compliance colleagues to anticipate, identify and mitigate key risks, based on the compliance risk management risk priorities.
- Auditing, investigating, training/education and enforcement and ongoing consultation on compliance issues impacting the business.
- Undertaking to monitor and report on adherence to compliance controls.
Current Key Risk Priorities Include
- Anti-corruption (including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), UK Bribery Act and other anti-bribery laws).
- Anti-money laundering (AML) and other financial sanctions (e.g. US Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), EU and United Nations).
- Treating customers fairly and customer contract compliance.
- Governance & risk management frameworks and focus on compliance and ethics culture.
- Working with the CCO to execute and manage the compliance program, compliance training, and communication strategies.
- Performing compliance oversight and undertaking other compliance work (including monitoring and reporting) in relation to third-party relationships, including brokers, consultants, vendors and provider network partners.
- Performing due diligence and integration risk management for mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, fronting partners and other strategic alliances.
- Ongoing maintaining of regulatory licenses and regulatory monitoring and oversight for licensed entities in South East Asia.
- Assisting the business in the identification and implementation of US and non-US laws applicable to Aetna International’s South East Asia product and operations, including assisting the CCO in the development of effective policies, monitoring and reporting frameworks, procedures, and controls to sustain compliance.
Developing and managing strategies to monitor SEA compliance program effectiveness, including:
- Implementation of risk-based monitoring frameworks for SEA countries, modified based on local regulations. Involves monitoring metrics, validation reviews by Compliance, and corrective actions to address issues and enhance controls.
- Use of metrics, management monitoring and reporting regarding compliance and risk mitigation (including contribution to monthly International Compliance meetings and International Compliance Dashboard).
- Completion of targeted compliance reviews (“Trust but verify”).
- Coordination with Internal Audit and periodic third-party assessments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Sets priorities and executes strategic plans to support business/compliance objectives.
- Anticipates opportunities/key business challenges; sets the vision for the development of solutions.
- Drives business accountability for compliance adherence through monitoring, reporting, auditing, investigating, training/education and enforcement.
- Ongoing collaboration with businesses on identifying and mitigating compliance risks and issues.
- Interfacing with industry groups and regulators in SEA on compliance with laws and regulations.
- Collaborate and partner with businesses to implement a compliance culture and control environment.
- Reporting to the CCO on outcomes on key risk priorities, monitoring plans and projects.
- Undertake key regulatory compliance with person positions if required.
- 5+ years’ experience in licensed insurance and/or other licensed financial institution occupying a management position.
- Professional qualifications in insurance, accounting, actuarial science or law
- Background and experience in an international company in a compliance management role highly preferred.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral, written and presentation). Mandarin and other Asian language abilities would be a plus.
- Ability to influence and work closely with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be a team player, be able to lead by example, and be able to be proactive and work cross-functionally across a complex and fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and execute programs in complex business arrangements and across different regulatory regimes in SEA.
- Ability to travel around 20%.
61157EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.