Actuarial Manager, Singapore - 62631BRPrimary Location: Singapore, SGP
Additional Locations: SGP-Singapore Apply
Actuaries are the financial architects of our company. They plan and maintain a framework for our financial integrity to help us meet customer needs and deliver shareholder value.
Overall mission of Actuarial is to protect Aetna's financial integrity with sound reserving and risk management practices as well as product designs that meet customer needs and pricing that produces returns to shareholders commensurate with the risks undertaken. Actuarial is responsible for anticipating and recognizing matters that materially affect financial integrity and making sound, unbiased reports on these issues.
Manage /coach a group of actuarial staff in support of department mission to protect Aetna’s financial integrity. Collaborate with business partners to provide sound risk management advice. Anticipate and recognize matters that materially affect financial results and make sound, unbiased recommendations on these matters. Lead interdepartmental teams to shape policy and process.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements
LEADERSHIP - MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES:
- Lead/manage projects established to support goals identified in strategic and operating plans.
- Influence/motivate resources within and outside of direct control to complete projects.
- Exhibit innovative use of resources.
- Broad decision-making authority typically tied to level of financial impact.
- Staffing/Personnel- Manage staff, including responsibility for hiring and termination decisions.
- Perform all other supervisory responsibilities for direct reports, including job coaching, performance management, and compensation determinations.
- Ensure access to appropriate tools, resources and training.
- Aetna Way- Exhibit behavior that reflects Aetna’s values and is in accordance with the Aetna Way.
PRODUCT & BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE:
- Assumptions & Data Sources- Review assumptions developed by staff from a business perspective and be able to defend work to senior management.
- Integrate understanding of internal and external data sources for quantifying risks.
- Programs, Policies & Processes- Apply knowledge of interdepartmental products, programs, processes and policies to resolve problems and issues.
- Regulatory Issues- Assure compliance with applicable regulations, laws and standards.
RISK ANALYSIS & MANAGEMENT:
- Risk Assessment - Partner with business managers to provide sound risk management advice.
- Rate Filing- Direct and observe regulatory process.
- Respond to internal and external auditors.
- Validate and/or sign certifications of compliance.
- Reserve Analysis- Review reserve analyses and recommend appropriate reserve levels.
- Planning & Forecasting- Review and interpret models and make recommendations for planning, forecasting and 1 reporting process.
- Pricing, Trend & Benefit Design- Oversee and recommend pricing and trend for product and/or services.
- Understand and communicate financial impact on business plan to business unit management.
- Use of Technology- Develop creative technical solutions to a variety of problems.
- Stay apprised of technical innovations as potential solutions for actuarial issues and concerns.
- Development & Implementation- Oversee/manage the development and implementation of tools and models.
- Maintenance & Enhancements- Prioritize changes and enhancements to processes, tools and systems.
- Define staffing support and resource allocation.
- Business Specifications- Signoff on detailed business requirements for systems development.
- Testing- Review testing results for changes to processes, tools and systems.
COMMUNICATION, COLLABORATION & CONSULTATION:
- Communication, Collaboration & Consultation: - Constituent Focus- Leads interdepartmental teams to shape process and policy.
- Verbal & Written Communication- Address most complex inquiries.
- Have direct interaction with internal and external constituents.
- Maintain accurate documentation and manage training and user support for tools and processes.
- Interaction with Constituents- Initiate and support collaboration with internal and external constituents.
Background Experience Desired
5+ years related experience.
Education and Certification Requirements
- Must be an ASA or FSA and is typically a member of the American Academy of Actuaries (or other accredited actuarial organization) able to sign state rate filings and other required actuarial certifications.
- College degree or equivalent experience
62631EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.