Case ManagerPrimary Location: Shanghai, China
Additional Locations: CHN-Shanghai Apply
Facilitate the delivery of appropriate benefits and/or healthcare information which determines eligibility for benefits while promoting wellness activities. Develops, implements and supports Health Strategies, tactics, policies and programs that ensure the delivery of benefits and to establish overall member wellness and successful and timely return to work. Services and strategies, policies and programs are comprised of network management, clinical coverage, and policies.
Nurse Case Manager is responsible for telephonically assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating all case management activities with members to evaluate the medical and disability needs of the member to facilitate the member’s overall wellness and appropriate and timely return to work. In doing this the NCM develops a proactive course of action to address issues presented to enhance the short and long term outcomes as well as opportunities to enhance a member’s overall wellness through integration. Services strategies policies and programs are comprised of network management and clinical coverage policies.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements include but are not limited to (* denotes essential functions)
• Through the use of clinical tools and information/data review, conducts an evaluation of member's needs and benefit plan eligibility and facilitates integrative functions as well as smooth transition to Aetna programs and plans.
• Assessments will take into account information from various sources to address all conditions including co-morbid and multiple diagnoses that impact functionality.
• Reviews prior claims to address potential impact on current case management and eligibility.
• Assessments will include the member’s level of work capacity and related restrictions/limitations.
• Application and interpretation of disability criteria and guidelines, applicable policies and procedures, regulatory standards and disability benefit plan to determine eligibility and integration with available internal/external programs.
• Using holistic approach assess the need for a referral to clinical resources for assistance in determining functionality.
• Consults with supervisor and others in overcoming barriers in meeting goals and objectives, presents cases at case conferences for multidisciplinary focus to benefit overall claim management.
• Utilizes case management processes in compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
• Supports, integrates and executes the IHD process.
• Utilizes assessment techniques to assess for integration opportunities and determining work capacity.
• Utilizes l interviewing skills to ensure maximum member engagement in disability process and a timely RTW.
• Oversee South East Region
• Exhibits the following Case Manager Behaviors
• 5 years clinical practice experience
• Registered nurse or doctor
• Have insurance experience, be able to understand the product, and serve insurance clients
• The knowledge of South East Asia’s medical system is necessary
• Bilingual preferred
• Disability case management experience preferred
Education and Certification Requirements
RN with current unrestricted state licensure required.
Additional Information (situational competencies, skills, work location requirements, etc.)
• Position requires proficiency with computer skills which includes navigating multiple systems and keyboarding
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced changing environment
• Sedentary work involving periods of sitting, talking, listening. Work requires sitting for extended periods, talking on the telephone and typing on the computer.
• Work requires the ability to perform close inspection of hand written and computer generated documents as well as a PC monitor.
• Typical office working environment with productivity and quality expectations
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.