Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
SVP Enterprise Infr SvcPrimary Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Additional Locations: AZ-Scottsdale, CT-Hartford, IL-Chicago Apply
This role will lead the organization, the capabilities and the roadmap for CVS Health’s IT infrastructure, which includes data centers, cloud infrastructure, server, storage and network systems, end-user computing and collaboration technology, enterprise software, service desk and core technology management processes. As a thought partner to the executive leadership team, this role has deep expertise in emerging technologies.
A successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative and highly matrixed environment, focusing on long-term, strategic goals while executing against short-term objectives, including the integration of Aetna and CVS Health into one company. The person in this role must have a proven track record of hiring, developing and growing technical talent, strong leadership presence with outstanding communication skills and, strong business and financial acumen, which enables teams to effectively align and drive outcomes.
- Partner with stakeholders to define a technology vision and strategic roadmap that simplifies and accelerates the pace with which our business takes advantage of technology innovations and builds new capabilities, to create market differentiation.
- Build empowered, high-performing teams that are constantly learning and driving increasingly more efficient and effective ways to work and enable the business, while investing in themselves, thereby driving a restless, innovative culture.
- Develop an operating model that balances the need to support core, transformation and new businesses along with the need to create enterprise platforms that enables synergy and differentiated capabilities for CVS Health.
- Lead and partner with stakeholders to drive an multi-year enterprise technology optimization initiative that will lower cost while establishing a more modern infrastructure foundation and forward-looking capabilities.\\
- Provide highly reliable systems that support our business functions and effective end-user technology and support, which allows CVS Health colleagues to be highly productive and collaborative no matter where they work.
62329Fundamental Components: Competencies
- Sets direction
- Regularly digests market data, anticipates changes and adjusts strategies and plans to meet shifting priorities
- Impacts and influences executives and works across business segments, to drive effective integration of technology initiatives into enterprise strategy
- Delivers results
- Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies
- Collaborates with others to make timely decisions that advance priorities, manages risk and delivers outcomes through thoughtful planning and execution
- Resourceful and adept at working within the realities of the organization, providing authority and support to teams
- Leads others
- Offers a bold vision and strategy that rallies the organization and generates genuine excitement for what can be
- Creates an environment where teams have the opportunity and incentive to perform at their best
- Core competency in Customer Relationship Management (CRM), using data, models and driving insights to enable business strategy.
- Thought leadership based on a strong foundation of knowledge and trend of market, consumer, technology and research.
- Proficiency with modern technology concepts (cloud, big data), platforms (Cloud Foundry, Hadoop) and agile development frameworks (extreme programming).
- Understanding of software development and Internet technology, preferably has actual modern application programming experience.
- Understanding of cyber security, data privacy and regulations that apply to commerce, consumer and digital domains.
- 15+ years of experience in technology roles
- 10+ years of experience in senior management and leadership
- Experience in highly regulated industries, especially financial or healthcare, preferred
MBA or other Master’s Degree
Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.