Sr. Claim Data SpecialistPrimary Location: San Diego, California
Additional Locations: CA-Sacramento, CA-San Diego Apply
- Performs as Subject Matter Expert for the team relative to complex set-up, processing, system, policies and/or department workflows, meeting internal/external deadlines for production and quality of various products and services.
- Analyzes and determines if products and services selected by customers are aligned with their benefit needs, and can be adequately supported through existing systems or operating platforms; alternately, seeks solutions and negotiate essential requirements in support of any non-standard plan selections.
- Presents information effectively to various levels of employees and management through various formats, i.e. one on one, staff/customer meetings, presentations, etc.
- Provides supervisory back up and assists in the delegation of issues and proposes streamlined workload assignments.
- Leads process improvement initiatives to improve productivity, accuracy and/or customer service and tool development. Manages assigned projects and ensures project plans and/or work tasks align with overall organizational goals.
- Assists with the development and testing of new or enhanced product offerings as assigned. Mentors other employees associated with claim data management (e.g. provides technical expertise to team/unit).
- Assists with the development, delivery and implementation of training tools and processes.
- May be responsible for training staff on transplant claim processing and the administration of the Institutes of Excellence (IOE) contracts and Letters of Agreement (LOA) for accurate review and application of the negotiated rates for these claims. Exhibits behaviors outlined in Claim Data Specialist Competencies
- Minimum of one year of recent and related direct customer service experience.
- Minimum one year of recent and related Aetna claim processing experience.
- Minimum of seven years of Claim processing experience.
- ACAS Plan Setup Experience preferred
- Proficiency in all claim platforms and/or products, i.e. Traditional, HMO, HNO
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within work teams.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Highly organized and able to quickly prioritize multiple assignments with high quality results.
- Knowledge of Aetna systems and products.
- Strong customer service skills. Ability to interact with different groups of people at different levels and provide assistance on a timely basis.
- Analytical skills.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.