Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Technical Infrastructure SpecialistPrimary Location: San Diego, California
Additional Locations: CA-San Diego Apply
- Vendor Management- Evaluates, supports and negotiates various Aetna/Vendor relationships, dependencies on vendors to provide computing services.
- Coordinates the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Technology Integration- Leads technical integration of all infrastructure support areas to ensure required IT resources are appropriately allocated to meet business objectives.
- Anticipate and proactively respond to future customer, industry and information technology trends.
- Develop and implement technology strategies that influence business area with senior management review.
- Provides technology assessment and accommodations to complex business problems, leverages current and new technology to provide strategic solutions to the business.
- Anticipates, analyzes, and reacts to the potential impact changes to technology and/or products may have on the business and the computing environment.
- Align technology currency with business objectives.
- Develop and apply industry wide understanding of technology, tools and methodologies to assist in developing solutions on projects of strategic significance.
- Evaluate and identify issues and constraints pertaining to technology approach; coordinate evaluation of solutions to insure adherence to Aetna technology standards (such as security, database, etc.)
- Capacity Planning - Ensure that the delivery of system resources are readily available to satisfy business demands in the most cost-effective manner.
- Ensure the use of capacity plan tool(s) to develop forecasts based on trends and customer input for business demand and functionality.
- Application Integration - Manages and plans activities in a matrixed environment for multiple, high profile and/or complex projects or assignments in support of IT and business initiatives impacting desktop, mid-range mainframe, and multi-tiered computing environments potentially having enterprise-wide impact.
- Cultivates and expands collaborative partnerships with peer management in business, project management, application development and IT infrastructure organizations to facilitate and optimize delivery of service and support.
- Project Implementation - Develops detail work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Coordinates infrastructure resources as needed to achieve the objectives of several concurrent projects.
- Desktop & Technological Upgrades- Ensures technology remains at current levels for enterprise tools and operational.
- Management of Resources - Commit appropriate multiple resources and achieving customer satisfaction, cost, expense and other critical business metrics.
- Leads IT team resources to ensure successful delivery of strategic initiatives.
- Responsibility in meeting budgetary implementation costs and aligning goals of unit with operating plan.
- Ability to negotiate complex and often contentious issues, reach consensus and work through people to achieve key goals.
- Leads IT resources and processes to ensure the integrity and availability of data and applications in an industry leading multi data center environment.
- Financials - Develops annual operating budget with management consistent with demand of services, monitors actual expenditures and deviations from budget and takes corrective action if needed.
- Oversees the management of the Infrastructure financial project budget, including developing and maintaining annual budget of $40M+ (i.e. hardware, software and labor).
- Provides, coordinates project planning and estimates, budget approvals, budget changes and forecasting.
- Manages the reconciliation of the approved project plan vs. actuals vs. forecast.
- Researches and provides infrastructure architecture strategies.
- Gathers plans and schedules for the development, introduction, communication and maintenance of the enterprise system architecture, including the applications, data and infrastructure that integrates with the business area architectures.
- Experienced with infrastructure operations.
- Strong leadership experience, collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong analytical skills used to identify and resolve problems.
- Enterprise, application and information architecture design experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Financial experience a plus.
- Experience within a highly technical large data processing environment including mainframe, midrange, network and distributed services.
- Strong leadership experience, ability to work independently and adapt to changing priorities, effective management of resources and strong communication skills.
- College degree and/or 8+ years work experience in Information Technology.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.