At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our more than 4,000 nurses are central to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include helping members stay well, manage health conditions, and access the right care at the right time. As you do this, we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful nurse? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Technology Savvy
- Detail Oriented
- Good Listener
- Open Minded
- Team Player
Paid Time Off & Disability
Director, Health Care Quality Management Nurse (RN)Primary Location: San Diego, California
Additional Locations: CA-San Diego Apply
- Leads and manages all aspects of Quality programs and projects that enable Aetna to measure, monitor, and improve the quality of the care and service provided to its members.
- Consults and/or works cross functionally to influence and promote change in order to continually deliver quality service to our internal and external customers.
- Responsible for coordinating, leading, and managing multiple functional areas/units including full accountability for business/financial results related to following as appropriate: HEDIS reporting, quality of care, accreditation activities and/or member satisfaction.
64485Fundamental Components: - Assures compliance with all State and Federal quality regulations, Aetna quality standards, and National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) standards.
- Ensures maintenance of accurate documentation for quality improvement activities such as HEDIS reporting, surveys, audits, peer reviews, etc.
- In conjunction with key business leaders, responsible for directing the activities of quality committees.
- Provides direction setting and leadership, with accountability for quality program(s), specialized audits, special reviews, projects and initiatives.
- Manages complex projects, people, and business priorities to achieve member satisfaction.
- Develops and implements quality improvement activities nationally and/or within an assigned region.
- Directs data collection for HEDIS and/or other quality reporting; identifies opportunities for improvement based on results.
- Influences all stakeholders to support key quality projects/programs to ensure positive solutions that deliver results.
- Consults with internal/external customers on solutions that impact Quality.
- Controls expenses while meeting operational, functional and service requirements.
- Recruits, develops, and motivates staff. Initiates and communicates a variety of personnel actions, including employment, termination, performance reviews, salary reviews, and disciplinary actions. Background Experience: - 2+ years of experience managing staff required
- 5+ years of clinical and/or Managed Care experience required in the healthcare industry
- Quality Management experience required
- Leadership experience required
- NCQA experience preferred
- HEDIS experience required
- Management of HEDIS audit experience preferred
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication and computer skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment required
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and execute multiple functional business objectives required
- Masters degree preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure preferred
- Certified Professional in Health Quality (CPHQ) or other certification a plus
Additional Job Information: Exceptional communications skills including ability to interact with a variety of external and internal audiences including senior management. Required Skills: Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Leadership - Creating a World Class Workforce, Leadership - Creating Accountability, Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy, Leadership - Driving Strategic and Organizational Agility Desired Skills: Leadership - Creating a World Class Workforce, Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy, Leadership - Driving Strategic and Organizational Agility Functional Skills: Management - Management - Health Care Delivery Education: Nursing - Registered Nurse Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company Leadership
Meet the Aetna, a CVS Health Company executives who are helping to transform health care locally, nationally, and around the globe
Take a Look
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.