Description: **Position can be located in Woodland Hills, CA, Concord CA, Sacramento CA, San Diego CA**
Exciting and unique opportunity managing complex compliance initiatives and working with a dynamic and collaborative team to ensure deliverables are met and exceeded.
California healthcare focused position that promotes compliance with laws and regulations and fosters the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in order to advance company objectives, protect the company's reputation, and safeguard the interests of the company's customers, employees, and shareholders.
Responsibilities include: Project management for compliance initiatives and implementations, compliance monitoring, compliance training/education, compliance reporting and filings, collaborating and consulting with business leaders, and staying current with changing legal and regulatory requirements impacting the market.
65128 Fundamental Components:
- Provides project management leadership for complex compliance initiatives and implementations impacting the market, including holding regular project team meetings, preparing and keeping a current project plan listing deliverables and responsible parties, working with cross-functional internal business partners to implement compliance requirements, and timely completion of compliance projects/implementations and any required related regulatory filings.
- Builds and maintains positive, productive relationships with internal and external constituents at all organizational levels, effectively communicates, overcomes barriers to compliance project success, and influences ethical and compliant outcomes at appropriate levels necessary to accomplish compliance goals.
- Identifies and assesses complex compliance issues, monitors compliance issues, monitors corrective action plans, and develops expertise to respond to compliance inquiries from internal business partners.
- Review and update of compliance related policies and procedures, monitoring of ongoing legal and regulatory compliance requirements impacting the market, and assist internal business partners in developing and maintaining compliance related policies and procedures.
- Adapts to shifting strategic priorities and drives the implementation of both tactical and strategic solutions to compliance requirements, projects and implementations.
- Participates in the annual risk assessment process, works with business partners to identify areas of market risk, and collaborates on proactive compliance initiatives to reduce areas of known business risk.
- Works on other market compliance projects and implementations as assigned.
Additional Job Information:
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a regulatory compliance or project management compliance position in healthcare, insurance, or financial services, or work experience in a relevant business area.
- Dedication to ethical and compliance standards, timely completion of assigned projects, and adherence to regulatory filings or submissions due dates.
- Familiarity with California healthcare laws and regulations, such as the Knox-Keene Health Care Service Plan Act of 1975 and California Insurance Code preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with the California legislative and rulemaking process preferred but not required.
Outstanding opportunity to work in a heavily-regulated state market with higher profile compliance initiatives. Opportunity to develop compliance and project management skills to grow professionally and to become part of a strong local market compliance team that collaborates with internal business partners to add value to market operations. Required Skills:
General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Consulting for Solutions, General Business - Ensuring Project Discipline Desired Skills:
Leadership - Creating Accountability, Leadership - Driving a Culture of Compliance, Technology - Leveraging Technology Functional Skills:
Lega - Compliance, Lega - Compliance - state/federal legislation implementation, Management - Management - Project management (non-IT), Project Management - Cross-functional project management, Project Management - Project Manager Technology Experience:
Database - Intuit QuickBase, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft PowerPoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft SharePoint, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Education:
Legal - Paralegal Certificate, Project Management - Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), Project Management - Project Management Professional (PMP) Potential Telework Position:
No Percent of Travel Required:
0 - 10% EEO Statement:
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility:
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here
to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information:
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Click To Review Our Benefits (PDF)