Community Events CoordinatorPrimary Location: San Antonio, TX
Additional Locations: TX-San Antonio Apply
59569Fundamental Components: • Plans and facilitates outreach activities, special events, and presentations to generate sales leads in support of the health plan’s sales and membership growth goals and increase awareness of the health plan’s presence in the community.
• Plans and facilitates outreach activities, special events, and presentations aimed at member retention and improvement in member experience.
• Responsible for event logistics including reserving space, catering, communication, distributing materials, facilities support, and other similar activities.
• Monitors and/or participates in the preparation and tear down for the event.
• Ensures adequate collateral materials are available to participants in any sales or member seminar as appropriate.
• Determines type of event as defined by CMS and files events appropriately with Sales Administration Managers
• Obtains sales leads (consent to contact cards, etc.) and ensures they are appropriately documented in sales management system.
• Coordinate with marketing to support proper advertisement of events (fliers, direct mail, newspaper, etc.)
• Delivers individual or group presentations to potential members.
• Performs other duties as required. Background Experience: • Grass roots marketing/lead generation experience required.
• Demonstrated presentation skills required.
• 3-5 years of experience in community development with building key contacts within the community.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Previous experience working with the Medicaid and Medicare population, preferred.
• Minimum of three years’ recent and related outreach experience working with providers or members, and/or government program managed care product experience, preferred.
• Complies with all state requirements in the state where job duties are performed.
• Bilingual preferred
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and off-shifts as required.
• Appropriate sales licensure required for TX/OK/NM. Additional Job Information: This position offers and attractive base salary, 401K and Health insurance. Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come. We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence. Together we will empower people to live healthier lives. Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard. Functional Skills: Communication - Communication Delivery - Public Speaking, Products-Medical - Individual Medicare Advantage Plan, Sales & Service - Sales administration, support, reporting Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft SharePoint, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Education: Insurance - TX Group One License Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 25 - 50% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.