Community Development Coordinator (Must reside near San Antonio, TX)Primary Location: San Antonio, TX
Additional Locations: TX-San Antonio Apply
- Develops, facilitates, and implements outreach activities, special events, programs, and presentations to increase awareness of the health plan’s presence in the community.
- Seeks out and secures event sponsorship.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with community contacts.
- Responsible for event logistics including reserving space, catering, communication, distributing materials, facilities support, and other similar activities.
- Monitors and/or participates in the preparation and tear down for the event.
- Manages on-site event staffing and handles any problems or emergencies that may arise.
- Acts as contact for all sponsors and event providers.
- Assures proper documentation for membership and leader driven activities and events.
- Responsible for meeting monthly metrics associated with job as outlined by manager to include all outreach activities, monthly events and site visits totals.
- Gives individual or group presentations to potential sponsors and members.
- May conduct new member orientations and lead generating events and activities.
- Provides recommendations and status updates to the department management team as required.
- Produces and maintains a community events calendar to assist the department with community and member awareness.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimal overnight travel may be required Valid driver’s license in good standing and access to a reliable vehicle required. Ability to work independently and travel alone.
- Ability to maintain a productive daily work schedule tied to meeting monthly outreach metrics and high production.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to present information to various audiences.
- Previous experience working with the Medicaid or Medicare population preferred.
- Bilingual preferred Proficiency with standard corporate software applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as some special proprietary applications.
- 3-5 years customer service experience.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and off-shifts as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard. Required Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Communicating for Impact Desired Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Communicating for Impact, Sales - Selling Products and Services, Sales - Strategic Prospecting, Service - Handling Service Challenges Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 50 - 75% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.