UM Nurse ConsultantPrimary Location: St Paul, MN
Additional Locations: MN-Minneapolis, MN-Plymouth, MN-St Paul Apply
Serve as a liaison between the Aetna Utilization Management team and Allina health system discharge planners. Work with Allina to provide appropriate documentation via EMR access and determine the best post-acute plan of care for each Allina Health | Aetna (AHA) member Facilitate the delivery of appropriate benefits and/or healthcare information which determines eligibility for benefits while promoting wellness activities. Develops, implements and supports Health Strategies, tactics, policies and programs that ensure the delivery of benefits and to establish overall member wellness and successful and timely return to work.
Services and strategies, policies and programs are comprised of network management, clinical coverage, and policies.
67137Fundamental Components: Utilizes clinical skills to coordinate, document and communicate all aspects of the utilization/benefit management program.
Requires an RN with unrestricted active license.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements include but are not limited to (* denotes essential functions)
• Utilizes clinical experience and skills in a collaborative process to assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor and
evaluate options to facilitate appropriate healthcare services/benefits for members
. Build relationships with Allina employees, AHA members and families, and Aetna utilization management staff.
Integral component on the interdisciplinary team assisting with connecting members with community services and accessing their benefits. •
Gathers clinical information and applies the appropriate clinical criteria/guideline, policy, procedure and clinical judgment to render coverage determination/recommendation along the continuum of care
• Communicates with providers and other parties to facilitate care/treatment
• Identifies members for referral opportunities to integrate with other products, services and/or programs
• Identifies opportunities to promote quality effectiveness of Healthcare Services and benefit utilization
• Consults and lends expertise to other internal and external constituents in the coordination and administration of the utilization/benefit management function Background Experience:
- Managed Care experience preferred
- 3+ years of clinical experience required
- Education and Certification Requirements
- RN with current unrestricted state licensure required.
- Additional Information (situational competencies, skills, work location requirements, etc.)
- Position requires proficiency with computer skills which includes navigating multiple systems and keyboarding
- Strong relationship-building and conflict resolution skills•
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced changing environment
- Sedentary work involving periods of sitting, talking, listening. Work requires sitting for extended periods, talking on the telephone and typing on the computer.
- Work also requires travel through the metro area and around hospital campuses.
- Work requires the ability to perform close inspection of hand written and computer generated documents as well as a PC
- Typical office working environment with productivity and quality expectations
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.