Regional Director, Government AffairsPrimary Location: Sacramento, CA
Additional Locations: CA-Sacramento, OR-Portland, WA-Seattle Apply
Demonstrate familiarity with state legislative and regulatory processes and politics.
Develop and maintain effective relationships with state officials, legislators, regulators, associations and other groups important to advocacy efforts.
Retain large State procurements for assigned region/states as they pertain to Medicaid and the Public Sector.
Address critical matters related to the legislative and regulatory environment, including rate and product issues related to commercial insurance, Medicaid, State budget and appropriations matters.
Strong skills in analyzing, understanding and translating complex legislative, regulatory and policy issues in order to advise on pending legislation, regulations, changes in key government policy and other government relations matters pertinent to the Company.
Partner and leverage outside counsel and external resources/relationships with stakeholder groups that will both promote Aetna’s business expertise and presence.
Ability to travel over 50% of the time during peak legislative sessions
- 7 years of experience in government affairs including working in federal or state government and lobbying those entities.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Multi-state experience in healthcare industry.
- An understanding of general business, pharmacy, retail, pharmacy benefit management, insurance or healthcare issues.
- Ability to handle several complex and difficult projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Proven, effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a variety of Company management, retained counsel, legislators and other elected/appointed officials, regulators, staff of trade associations and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage contract lobbyists.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.