Community Health WorkerPrimary Location: Roanoke, VA
Additional Locations: VA-Roanoke Apply
67640Fundamental Components: Fundamental Components of the Community Health Worker include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct home visits with Aetna members with chronic conditions to reinforce following the care plan, adjusting tasks to fit with the members culture, language, and religion, improve access to care, identify health care needs, and reduce unnecessary hospitalizations.
- Educate healthcare professionals and providers on opportunities for improving and understanding the social determinants of health that may be impacting members health and treatment plan through various communication channels.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with the Aetna members, providers, nurse case managers, agency representatives, supervisors and office staff, from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. Work to reduce cultural and socio-economic barriers between clients and institutions.
- Assist with care plan implementation and Aetna member education during in-home visits, help develop care management strategies, and work with team members to provide linkages for the various health and social needs of members.
- Assist members to identify socio-economic issues that affect their overall health and develop health/social management plans and goals.
- Identify gaps and opportunities to strengthen systems of care within the members community and assists members in utilizing community services, including scheduling appointments with social services agencies, (including transportation vendors), and assisting with completion of applications for eligible programs.
- Assist with patient medication adherence by: instructing the member on current medication list, reviewing medications with member and assist in obtaining refills.
- Teach disease self-management (i.e. nutrition, symptom tracking and reporting).
- Accompany members to appointments as needed.
- Enter and maintain member records in electronic health record system, compile reports and complete other program documentation in a timely manner (e.g. progress notes, letters), and other administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Travel as required and use of personal vehicle to client homes, community locations, various agencies, and other outreach destinations.
- 3-5 years experience providing clinical services; experience in community/outpatient setting preferred.
- Community Health Worker Certification or equivalent training and experience preferred.
- Experience serving Medicaid populations in urban or rural environments; familiarity of local formal and informal resource networks preferred.
- Bilingual skills desired.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.