FP&A, Senior ConsultantPrimary Location: Richmond, Virginia
Additional Locations: VA-Glen Allen, VA-Richmond Apply
The Senior Financial Analyst will support Aetna's ability to achieve its financial and strategic goals through effective support of financial closing, planning and forecasting processes. Such activities drive the quality and integrity of P&L/cost center owner level reporting, membership and/or expense forecasts, product reporting and balance sheet reporting. Direction is to provide financial analysis and recommendations in support of management's evaluation of strategic and business initiatives. Advanced finance position performing complex assignments requiring advanced analytical and technical skills. May serve as Subject Matter Expert for the unit participating in and sometimes leading special projects and ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Provide data and analysis to support the unit's mission.
- Assist with analysis of key components of financial results and address questions as needed.
- Support financial information requests from Segment Financial Management.
- Serve as team lead providing guidance and training to less experienced staff members.
- Analyze new reporting methods and revise unit processes as needed to provide more meaningful and timely analysis/reporting for senior management.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for the unit participating in and sometimes leading special projects and ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Streamline processes for efficiency and identify cost savings opportunities within defined scope.
- Develop trend reports to analyze volume, spending, etc. variances.
- Prepare complex ad hoc monthly reports as needed for expenses, staffing and key performance metrics.
- Communicate results to local and regional management.
Background/ Experience Desired:
- 4+ years finance related experience, healthcare finance a plus.
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience preferred; Finance or Accounting degree a plus. Master's degree (i.e. MBA) preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Project Management experience.
- Collaboration with other finance areas and working cross-functionally across enterprise.
- Comprehensive business knowledge.
- Aetna business knowledge (outside department business).
- Strong skills in MS Excel and Access.
- Influence people within areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates leadership.
- Work independently with business areas to compile information.
- Ability to manipulate large amount of data into concise analytical reports.
- Can complete project tracking tools.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Finance/Delivering Profit and Performance/ADVANCED
Finance/Profit and Quality Vigilance/ADVANCED
General Business/Turning Data into Information/ADVANCED
General Business/Communicating for Impact/FOUNDATION
General Business/Maximizing Work Practices/ADVANCED
Leadership/Collaborating for Results/ADVANCED
Additional Job Information:
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence. Together we will empower people to live healthier lives. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.