Care Management AssociatePrimary Location: Richmond, VA
Additional Locations: VA-Richmond Apply
- Responsible for initial review and triage of Care Team tasks.
- Identifies principle reason for admission, facility, and member product to correctly apply intervention assessment tools.
- Screens patients using targeted intervention business rules and processes to identify needed medical services, make appropriate referrals to medical services staff and coordinate the required services in accordance with the benefit plan.
- Monitors non-targeted cases for entry of appropriate discharge date and disposition. Identifies and refers outlier cases (e.g., Length of Stay) to clinical staff.
- Identifies triggers for referral into Aetna's Case Management, Disease Management, Mixed Services, and other Specialty Programs.
- Support the Development and Implementation of Care Plans.
- Performs non-medical research pertinent to the establishment, maintenance and closure of open cases
- Provides support services to team members by answering telephone calls, taking messages, researching information and assisting in solving problems.
- Adheres to Compliance with PM Policies and Regulatory Standards.
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of required information that meets risk management, regulatory, and accreditation requirements.
- Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to company policies regarding confidentiality.
- May assist in the research and resolution of claims payment issues.
- Supports the administration of the hospital care, case management and quality management processes in compliance with various laws and regulations, URAQ and/or NCQA standards, Case Management Society of America (CMSA) standards where applicable, while adhering to company policy and procedures.
- 2-4 years experience as a medical assistant, office assistant.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Working in a call center experience preferred.
- Effective communication, telephonic and organization skills.
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology and concepts used in care management.
- Strong customer service skills to coordinate service delivery including attention to customers, sensitivity to issues, proactive identification and resolution of issues to promote positive outcomes for members.
- Computer literacy in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, including Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to effectively participate in a multi-disciplinary team including internal and external participants.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.