Sr Finance Director - Medicaid Plan - 66641BRPrimary Location: Princeton, NJ
Additional Locations: NJ-Princeton Apply
We are hiring a leadership role, Senior Director of Finance for our Aetna Better Health of New Jersey Plan. You will have interaction with the New Jersey Medicaid leadership team as well as contact with the state agencies. You will report, budget and forecast financial results.
Strategic leader for the Plan as well as the Medicaid segment. You can make a meaningful contribution to the success of the Plan.
Senior Director, Finance located in our New Jersey office is responsible for leading a team which manages all the finance functions for Aetna's Medicaid Business in New Jersey. Your team (4 direct reports) is responsible for local, regional as well as state contract financial reporting, analysis and compliance
- Oversight of all financial activities for NJ Medicaid business unit with local as well as corporate leaders to execute short and long-range strategic plans
- Partner with business unit management to analyze and support P&L responsibility including oversite of month end process. Support financial audits with external audit firm.
- Support the coordination and development of business unit financial plans and forecasts
- Drive the dissemination and collection of input/output data, critical assumption and management reporting requirements Coordinate development and monitor implementation of major business unit action plans to seize high-reaching opportunities and/or respond to performance shortfalls/plan variances Identify emerging product / market trend vulnerabilities and opportunities through analysis; review all assigned markets, develop and implement action plans
- Key contact with local State Medicaid departments to ensure accurate and timely of financial information and ensure financial compliance to state regulations and requirements
- Partner with local actuary team in order to understand financial drivers
- Member of team which negotiates annual Medicaid premium rates
The optimal candidate will have a proven accounting, financial forecasting/budgeting, financial discipline and knowledge of medical economics. You will be responsible to implement various management processes for driving standard methodologies within functions of responsibility leveraging experience within the broader Medicaid finance business unit.
- Financial Management experience required; minimum 10 years financial planning and analysis experience; knowledge of healthcare, managed care, insurance or financial services desired;
- Prior P&L responsibility required.
- Finance - Financial reporting and analysis
- Finance - Management: < 25 employees
- Finance - Financial analysis - closing, planning, forecasting processes
- Finance - Delivering Profit and Performance
- Finance - Managing Aetna's Risk
- General Business - Presenting for Impact
- Finance - Rewarding Extraordinary Performance
- Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy
- Leadership - Inspiring Change
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Actuarial Science or similar disciplines required. Advanced degree in Business and/or FSA/CPA preferred.
What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, fresh opinions, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us every day. Our high-energy and client-focused colleagues work hard every single day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.#LI-DI1 Additional Job Information: The Plan Sr Finance Dir/ CFO is a key leadership role at the Plan. The CFO needs to thing strategically as well as interact with the local team in order to achieve the goals of the Plan Required Skills: Finance - Delivering Profit and Performance, Finance - Managing Aetnas Risk, General Business - Communicating for Impact Desired Skills: Finance - Rewarding World Class Performance, Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy, Leadership - Driving Change Functional Skills: Finance - Financial analysis - closing, planning, forecasting processes, Finance - Financial reporting and analysis, Finance - Management: < 25 employees Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.