Utilization Management Clinician – Behavioral HealthPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
Utilizes clinical skills to coordinate, document and communicate all aspects of the utilization/benefit management program. Applies critical thinking and is knowledgeable in clinically appropriate treatment, evidence based care and clinical practice guidelines for Behavioral Health and/or medical conditions based upon program focus.
67489Fundamental Components: - Utilizes clinical experience and skills in a collaborative process to assess appropriateness of treatment plans across levels of care, apply evidence based standards and practice guidelines to treatment where appropriate.
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate options to facilitate appropriate healthcare services/benefits for members.
- Provides triage and crisis support.
- Gathers clinical information and applies the appropriate clinical criteria/guideline, policy, procedure and clinical judgment to render coverage. determination/recommendation along the continuum of care facilitates including effective discharge planning.
- Coordinates with providers and other parties to facilitate optimal care/treatment.
- Identifies members at risk for poor outcomes and facilitates referral opportunities to integrate with other products, services and/or programs. Identifies opportunities to promote quality effectiveness of healthcare services and benefit utilization.
- Consults and lends expertise to other internal and external constituents in the coordination and administration of the utilization/benefit management function. Background Experience: - Unencumbered Behavioral Health clinical license for Arizona required (LPC, LCSW, or LMFT)
- 3+ years of direct clinical practice experience post masters degree required
- Master's degree in Behavioral/Mental health or Human Service/Health Services required
- Position requires proficiency with computer skills which includes navigating multiple systems and keyboarding
- Managed care/utilization review experience preferred
- Sedentary work involving periods of sitting, talking, listening
- Work requires sitting for extended periods, talking on the telephone and typing into the computer Additional Job Information:
Required Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Communicating for Impact Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.