Supervisor, Cash Medicaid FinancePrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
Responsible for coordinating and supervising daily deposits, check tracers, virtual credit card transactions, and cash activity within operating accounts. Conduct review of monthly reconciliations and manage monthly close process.
- Manage and coach staff in the review of daily and monthly responsibilities and help staff research discrepancies
- Develop, evaluate, and train staff; ensure training needs are met
- Acts as liaison between staff and other areas, including management, accounting, bank representatives, check run teams, etc., communicating ideas and solutions.
- Ability to independently research, identify and resolve problems/tasks; primary contact for all cash related inquiries within Medicaid
- Review and post journal entries (escheat, voids, check runs, ad hoc checks, monthly activity, etc) prepared by staff and accountants and post to the General Ledger as part of the month-end close process
- Manage month end close responsibilities, initiate wires, and reconcile accounts within Great Plainns
- Review cash transaction file and reconcile to GL at month end close
- Complete quarterly escheatment process
- Review and sign off on electronic bank reconciliations
- Prior supervisory experience or experience leading a project 3-5 years of experience in accounting, finance or relevant positions preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting preferred.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Solid leadership skills including staff development.
- Well organized and prioritizes tasks effectively.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
Required Skills: Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Leadership - Driving Strategic and Organizational Agility, Leadership - Engaging and Developing People Functional Skills: Finance - Financial analysis, Finance - Treasury services - bank reconciliations, General Management - Process & quality improvement Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.