Sr Claim Benefit SpecialistPrimary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
- Reviews pre-specified claims or claims that exceed specialist adjudication authority or processing expertise.
- Applies medical necessity guidelines, determine coverage, complete eligibility verification, identify discrepancies, and apply all cost containment measures to assist in the claim adjudication process.
- Ensures all compliance requirements are satisfied and that all payments are made against company practices and procedures.
- Identifies and reports possible claim over payments, underpayments and any other irregularities.
- Performs claim re-work calculations.
- Trains and mentors claim benefit specialists.
- Experience in a production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments competently, accurately and efficiently.
- 2+ years claim processing experience.
- Claim processing experience.
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of medical terminology. ICD9- ICD10 preferred
- Medicaid and Medicare background preferred
- 3 years claims processing experience
- Strong knowledge of benefit plans, policies and procedures.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and production standards.
- Technical skills.
- Analytical skills.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.