Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Sr. AWS Cloud Engineer - 68723BRPrimary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix, AZ-Scottsdale, CT-Hartford, MA-Boston, TX-Dallas Apply
You will be in the forefront, leveraging new and existing technology to accelerate the transformation of IT in support of the business. The Sr. Cloud Architect / Engineer is a hands-on role responsible for performance, availability and scalability of the Public Cloud environment. You willcollaborate with other Architects and Engineers to enable enterprise applications to meet (or exceed) the organization business goals. The Cloud Engineer - Senior is also involved in identifying the emerging technologies for cloud native workload to enable (and accelerate) CVS’s journey to the Cloud.
- 5+ Years: Design and implement new on-premises and AWS cloud resources while implementing best practices and industry standards
- 5+ Years: Migrate on-premises infrastructure to AWS cloud
- 5+ Years: Configure AWS cloud monitoring and alerts for cloud resource availability
- 2+ years of experience working in environment having different AWS services (RDS, Lambda, Cloudformation, Alexa, etc)
- 2+ years of experience working directly with AWS Infrastructure services (EC2, VPCs, Subnets, SG’s, Resource Groups, etc ) deployment
- High degree of knowledge in IAM Roles and Policies
- High degree of knowledge in IT security
- High degree of knowledge in PaaS and SaaS application performance
- Understand enterprise level application architecture diagrams
- Demonstrate strong ability to troubleshoot technical problems and issues
- High degree of knowledge in networking
- Work closely with application development and data engineer teams on day-to-day tasks along with project planning and implementation
- Demonstrated experience utilizing verbal and written communication and conversation skills
- Highly skilled negotiator with proven ability to reach mutually satisfactory agreements by using a persuasive communication style
- Vast understanding of cloud services and solutions in platforms such as AWS
- Experience planning and executing on-premises to AWS migrations
- Knowledge in automation and scripting languages
- Experience working with AWS PaaS, AWS networking, and AWS site reliability solutions (specific examples of each will be requested)
- Strong practical knowledge of Windows and Linux server operating systems (on-premises & IaaS)
- AWS Certification Required
- Experience with DevOps practices
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.