SQL Developer / Senior AnalystPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
- This position is with Aetna Medicaid Administrators.
- Perform analysis to assess root cause of moderately complex (multiple interfaces with other systems within a single business unit) customer issues for reported system defects and control deficiencies found from system audits.
- This includes recreating the problem and managing the issues to closure.
- Conduct interviews, fact-finding, and independent research to design creative, progressive solutions to system issues.
- Document business impact of system issue.
- Develop and communicate effective short-term workaround procedures to address system issues.
- Assist with the management and resolution of unplanned hard system outages.
- Contribute to the communication process to impacted customers and internal management personnel.
- Document, track, and resolve issues related to data quality.
- Assist in the development of Product Overviews, FAQs, Tool Glossaries, system training material, and system user documentation to support implementation activities.
- Support business area operations/functions by setting up /modifying / maintaining simple to complex system operating parameters by designing and configuring business rule table entries, and/or complex macros/automated scripts.
- Provide day to day support of these items to ensure they work properly (including the application of appropriate QA procedures) and to quickly fix any identified defects.
- Complete activities within Standard Level Agreements and proactively identifies and communicates issues that may jeopardize delivery dates or budget to the Supervisor or Manager.
- Determine root cause analysis of system issues.
- Coordinate with peers to analyze issues and provide end to end resolutions.
- Minimum of two years of experience researching and generating SQL queries and procedures, either as a Technical or Business Analyst.
- Experience must include performing data analysis, data management, business process analysis, and preparing reports and dashboards to determine root cause analysis of system issues.
- Must have experience performing database manipulation, query optimization and ETL; importing and exporting data from external data sources; creating pivot tables; and implementing operating procedures to bridge data gaps.
- Experience with SSIS; MS SQL server 2012; Ultra Edit Editor; BMC Remedy; and Claims processing system QNXT.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.