Senior Project ManagerPrimary Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Phoenix Apply
- Develops and implements strategic project plan to achieve business goals
- Proactively leads project and/or business by setting direction of project, creating project plan, timeline identifying key milestones and additional resources needed on selected project(s)
- Identifies gaps and recommends enhancements related to new and/or existing products, services and workflows based on broad view of the organization
- Solicits and evaluates internal and external customer feedback to enhance continuous quality improvement
- Responsible for managing the budget and/or financial implications of more complex projects
- Group facilitation/presentation influencing various internal (these may be cross-functional/segment) and external parties (e.g., vendor management)
- Identifies issues that may stall project and addresses them by either resolving the issue or creating an alternative solution
- Tracks progress and communicates project(s) status on a regular basis to all impacted parties
- Builds communication plans for implementation to ensure all impacted parties (up stream/down stream) are informed of next steps for completion
- May mentor and/or manage others
- Acts as an advocate for change may require influencing others to see the value in project, including managing interpersonal sensitivities and articulating the strategic view to ensure project alignment
- 8-10 years experience related to standards & measurements, technology, systems, processes including project consultation.
- QNXT experience/knowledge required
- Experience developing and managing multiple budgets for various projects and/or programs.
- Proven track record meeting project dates and negotiating for resources.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Project management experience.
- Proven track record in meeting project milestones and negotiating for resources
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal
- Past positions required acting a project lead and directing a team
- Proven ability to affect change/interpersonal skills
- Solid Project Management and supervisory skills
- BS/BA or equivalent experience and 5-7 years of management experience related to standards & measurements, technology, systems, processes etc. preferred
Required Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Turning Data into Information, Service - Providing Solutions to Constituent Needs Desired Skills: Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Leadership - Driving a Culture of Compliance, Technology - Selecting and Applying Technology Solutions Functional Skills: Claim - Claim processing - Medical - Behavioral Health, Claim - Claim processing - Medical - Medicare, Claim - Claim processing - Medical or Hospital- HMO, Claim - Policies & procedures, Claim - Quality management, Claim - Reporting & special services, Finance - Financial reporting and analysis, General Management - Data analysis & interpretation, Information Management - Analyzes all types of capitated and fee-for-service provider contracts, performs variance analysis, Information Management - Develops provider compensation and fee schedules, Project Management - Cross-functional project management, Project Management - Evaluating success/lessons learned, Project Management - Issue identification and analysis, Project Management - Project Manager Technology Experience: Aetna Application - BMC Remedy 7.5 Suite, Aetna Application - QNXT, Database - Intuit QuickBase, Database - Microsoft SQL Server, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Explorer, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft PowerPoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft SharePoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.